Android TV

Soldato
Hey guys,

My Dad has just got the latest, greatest Sony 4k Android TV. I love it! Is there any way, or app, of making my TV box look and feel (the Android TV function part) like a proper polished product rather than just like a 'tablet' environment on a screen? I guess Kodi with some plugins is probably the closest thing?

Thanks.

Associate
Sounds like you want a proper Android TV box (like the NV shield), not a cheap TV box running Android.
You don't mention what TV box you have, but have you tried searching to see if there any custom roms available?

Soldato
OP
I think that's my issue... I'm just using a non-branded, cheap little Chinese box. Custom ROM? I'll have a look but I doubt it. I just thought there might have been an Android TV launcher or something on the app store?

Soldato
OP
M8S Pro L would do you uses Android TV and has BT remote.Otherwise Xiaomi Mi box or Nvidia Shield.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M8S-PRO-...826436?hash=item2ab3107444:g:8s0AAOSwtoVbL258
Thanks, I think I probably am going to have to put my hand in my pocket for a new box. It's a shame because the boxes I've got are faultless - it's just the look and feel like a mobile/tablet. I had a quick look on the Playstore and see there are one or two launchers that look like they might be worth a look?

Back
Top Bottom