1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Angela Merkel to Quit as Head of Her Party After 19 Years

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Evangelion, Oct 29, 2018.

1. StriderX

Capodecina

What has our government actually achieved purely based on the notion of party majority that wasn't also the realm of the other parties? this country is a ******* joke right now because of FPTP, not in spite of it.

2. h4rm0ny

Soldato

Genuine question, can you explain what you mean by this?

Countries such as Germany and Russia seem to manage quite well with it. Certainly it is less decisive than FPTP we have in the UK. But the question is if that is enough of a downside to prevent us switching from the downsides of FPTP.

3. Panos

Sgarrista

List is long where you want to start? Current or this decade to give you an idea?

4. h4rm0ny

Soldato

Um! Well I know Germany's history in the Balkans in the wars. I guess I haven't really paid attention to what they've done in the region since. Are you referring to Kosovo?

5. Panos

Sgarrista

Not bothering.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  6. StriderX

Capodecina

No problem with Germany flexing it's muscles for it's people... thought we were all hunky dory nationalists now that support other nations nationalists?

7. h4rm0ny

Soldato

Wow. Thank you for taking the time to write all that. I mean that most sincerely. Pieces of that I knew but not put together. And I would say my knowledge of world politics is significantly higher than most British people's (and would be happy to put that to the test). Still very lacking. And no, I didn't know about Turkish planes intercepting ours.

You paint a frightening picture. And a very convincing one.

8. Panos

Sgarrista

Use google translate, these are official numbers

https://www.in.gr/2018/10/31/politi...to-aigaio-52-225-maxitika-aeroskafi-apo-1987/

and the British interception 6 days ago
    https://www.news.gr/kosmos/article/1391398/anglotourkiki-aeromachia-pano-apo-to-barbaros.html
    https://www.parapolitika.gr/article/tourkika-machitika-anachetisan-vretanika-konta-sto-mparmparos

It will all go down in flames soon, and I have to go and fight because Greece relies on it's trained reserves for manpower (did 2 years national service at age of 18), as it only has 113K standing infantry.

9. h4rm0ny

Soldato

I'll read through it. Thank you for making me aware of it. I hope it doesn't come to fighting, but if it does, please stay safe!

10. Zethor

Mobster

Let me just say that, despite having read all sorts of crazy things on the internet since its early days, I stand in awe of this deranged, idiotic rambling that somehow manages to connect several conspiracy theories in such a way that they make some sense, for a sufficiently paranoid reader.

If my understanding is correct, Germany, aka the 4th Reich according to "everyone", destroyed Yugoslavia and it is in the process of destroying Greece, with the help of Soros, his mind-controlling NGOs and the West for "oil & gas". Also, Italy is mad over money and budget. Turkey is bad. Russia is good.

Did I miss anything?

:D:D:D

11. Panos

Sgarrista

Ignorance is for the sheep and stupid drones.

12. Freakbro

Capodecina

Sheep and Drones in one reply....awesome :rolleyes:

13. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

She should be forced to stay in office until the full consequences of her multiculturalism have come to fruition. Then be punished accordingly.

14. StriderX

Capodecina

You mean keeping the economy afloat that would have meandered into the Rhine at some point?

15. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

In what way has she done that.

16. Nasher

Capodecina

It's not even "multiculturalism" really, just extreme virtue signalling with no real plan for what to do with them all after they arrived in the millions. She has caused havok all over Europe and as predicted, some terrorists came in through this route.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  17. Zethor

Mobster

What planet do you two live on? I'm asking because on planet Earth, Germany, during Merkel's 13 years in power, there was one only major terrorist attack cause by a guy in a truck. Is this what you mean by havok?

18. mid_gen

Sgarrista

No doubt the same whining that was heard in the sixties when the Turks were invited...now everyone just gets on and enjoys their Döner. There wasn't even the justification of a humanitarian crisis back then.

19. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

Have you not seen the chaos in western Europe the huge wave of immigration she invited has caused, the horror stories of pensioners and children being raped, increased violent crime? No go areas in Germany itself (even Merkel has acknowledged the refugee wagons have caused this). What economic benefit has Germany achieved from this, I'm assuming the millions they took in are all in employment and contributing now? Oh wait no, it's the exact opposite.

What about the number of terror attacks in France? Or the number of foiled attacks, her stupidity isn't limited to just Germany.

20. StriderX

Capodecina

How are homegrown French terrorists the fault of a German leader? That's some next level obstinance.