1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Angela Merkel to Quit as Head of Her Party After 19 Years

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Evangelion, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Nasher

Capodecina

The ones who attacked the club in Paris were migrants who went through Germany, as were a number picked up in Belgium.

Just because we have home grown terrorists doesn't mean we should be inviting more in.

2. 4K8KW10

Soldato

Greeks, together with other Southern nations, are famous with their low willingness to work hard... hence, their vulnerability to economic crisis.

3. Panos

Sgarrista

"Work hard". When you salary is 6 months late and around €500, for 48-60 hours per week (yes you have to or you are unemployed) while cost of living is bit more expensive to UK, let me know how hard can you work.....
    There is no welfare state there, never existed. If you are unemployed you have no support.

4. 4K8KW10

Soldato

I mean everyone - including the managers who are responsible for the delays in payments.
    I just tried to say that the Greeks are universally lazy.

5. Panos

Sgarrista

LOL. Greece is a completely financially destroyed country.
    When companies have to fork 80% on their intake on taxes, how you expect them to pay their employees?
    35% of the country is bellow the poverty line. Don't see the holiday island destinations, is completely different country there, financially.

6. 4K8KW10

Soldato

That is a normal result of decades spending money which they didn't have. And how could they have money, when their goal has always been to listen to sirtaki and to drink uzo... and to sleep siesta (like the Spanish).

7. Panos

Sgarrista

I thought you were an intelligent person. However with your post, you are no different than the usual ignorant Briton, who's only contact with Greece are the islands and The Sun articles.

8. 4K8KW10

Soldato

Thank you but I work with Greeks every day and see that I must work for two people in order to compensate their absence.

9. Panos

Sgarrista

For each "lazy" Greek you will point at me, I will point you two lazy Britons.

Watch this video, is pretty interesting.

10. Panos

Sgarrista

Btw the video posted above is not only for Greece, but Merkel and how she shifted the debts of the bankrupt German banks to the "periphery" tax payers. Greece, Spain, Portugal, Ireland.
    It worth to watch to the end.

11. Zethor

Mobster

The conspiracy nutter meets the hate speech peddling xenophobe. I suggest you don't interact too much as you might collide and collapse into a black hole of absurdity.

12. 4K8KW10

Soldato

What would you say about this: that is part of the European Union of Germany:

Welcome to Bulgaria, the world’s fastest shrinking nation https://www.irishtimes.com/news/wor...vEGAlTwOPXXsL-j7Z0yiQAU#.W8SCtYg_03x.facebook
    "Bulgaria has the lowest average salary in the EU, at €575 a month, the lowest minimum wage, at €260, and the smallest average pension, at €190"

The lowest minimum wage is exactly what most people there get.
    The prices of everything, like food, clothes and electronics are equal or above the ones in Germany...

13. StriderX

Capodecina

A yes, look at a situation in a bottle as usual. Bulgaria is a special case with many papers on the subject. The collapse of Russia (most exposed of all during the transition) practically destroyed Bulgaria's economy. At least they move about the EU with ease to get away from it.

Fact is, it's the Bulgarians own bloody fault here, even reading the article basically proves it. The fact that individuals can flutter away to better lives is immensely pleasing, are you implying that people should be shackled to their home country forever?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  14. 4K8KW10

Soldato

The collapse of USSR (Dec 1991) was caused or was preceded by the 1989-1990 events when some Eastern bloc governements stopped their economies and moved to capitalism, no?

But yes, the Bulgarian politicians have a very great in-built "quality" for self-destruction :D

15. StriderX

Capodecina

Not so much 1990 as it was the after years of transition from Russia's sphere to the EU, all of the eastern bloc nations suddenly realising that ponzi schemes, bribes and state corruption weren't tolerated by the financial might of private investment as it might have been in the dementing years of the USSR.

16. 4K8KW10

Soldato

I think the low wages there are not economically justified.
    Isn't increasing the salaries a way to stimulate economic improvements?
    Foreign investment is mediocre.

17. Nasher

Capodecina

A lot of work has been shipped out to Eastern Europe rather than India etc now because the wages are low (and they do FAR better quality work than India lol). They really shouldn't be low tbh and they likely won't stay that way for long.

18. 4K8KW10

Soldato

Let this be a wish for the New Year.

There is also one another major problem. The governments hand the construction contracts only to companies in their circle and roads quality is not good. Quite often, on a new, freshly built road, repairs should be done within months or the first couple of years. If you compare Serbia (a non-EU country) and Bulgaria, Serbia's roads are better, but they accept Austrian companies to build their roads, while the Bulgarians suffer. Instead of building a road, forgetting about it and moving to a new one, they just go and go to repair the first one while the next ones never come.
    Stupid, stupid government.

19. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

Thanks Merkel.

20. StriderX

Capodecina

Nice SC quality post there, not sure it was worth revitalizing this thread just post it though. (neither is this obviously, but whatever) I wonder what trashy reddit, forum or facebook page that was drafted from i wonder.