Angled rear plate on old jap cars - why?

Associate
Doesn't seem favoured by the internet! Apparently a cheap brand riding off the back of a French clothing designer called Naff Naff... from what I can see.

But I guess the internet is full of opinions!

Nope, this is actual 80's fact.
The cool kids had Naf Naf jackets or puffas, the council wannabe's had naffco54.
That was until everyone on the telly started living in Naf Naf, then it was no longer cool.

Naffco54 has never been cool, not then not now.

Associate
I have a pic of my R34 with the plate off, it has a hinge at the top as mentioned, if you dont put that screw back in the middle before putting the plate on then you could pull it up to 90 degrees if you wanted but no idea why you'd want to do it!

plateholder.JPG

Soldato
OP
I have a pic of my R34 with the plate off, it has a hinge at the top as mentioned, if you dont put that screw back in the middle before putting the plate on then you could pull it up to 90 degrees if you wanted but no idea why you'd want to do it!

plateholder.JPG
Oooo nice!
DAMN YOU OCUK

the other half has just ordered herself a nafco hoody :D:D
HAHAHA :D

Associate
Reviving an old thread. I just came across this post today, but I wanted to chime in to add something. Originally, most JDM vehicles especially cars, came with the flip up license plate holder. Unlike most of North America and EU, where your license plate is normally just handed to you for self-installation, the license plates in Japan are installed and affixed by their department of motor vehicles. Installation also usually comes with a specialized tamper proof bolt head with a seal (corresponding to the prefecture where the vehicle was registered. This cannot be removed by the end user or any shop. If the vehicle needs some sort of body repair, the license flips up to allow pulling and replacement of the bumper panel without removing the plate. The plate holder is indeed bolted on or connected to a static location like the frame or chassis depending on vehicle type.

Back
Top Bottom