Annoying ASUS ram slots

Associate
OP
Pull it from the open clip side first, like pull at the top half of the module if it is the top clip that is a full clip.

That's what I've done but the bottom/middle half of the ram stick stays in place. I'm wondering if there's a proper way to remove it that I'm not aware of or do I just need to pull it out with force. Stupid design imo, why can't they just use clips on both ends.

Last edited:
Associate
It is a feature called "Q-DIMM" because often when you have a video card on the motherboard the bottom RAM clip is very hard to reach. Just unclip the top and then pull from next to it.

Associate
OP

Hmm, that would only be needed on motherboards which have the pci-e slot at the highest possible place. The motherboard from Asus I'm using doesn't have it there, so there's no problem accessing the bottom clip with graphics card installed. Thanks for info. It certainly doesn't come out as easy as on that video, looks like he didn't push the ram in fully to begin with.

Soldato
It's really easy, i have it on mine and you just pull from the top first and the bottom will naturally follow once you pull enough of the top away.

Associate
There has been a few mobo's I have wished had that type of ram slot on and fiddling with clips close to some GPU's can be frustrating. GPU locking clips can be way more frustrating than a one sided ram slot.

Back
Top Bottom