1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another American cop thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VincentHanna, Sep 7, 2018.

1. VincentHanna

Capodecina

What a bizzare story this is

A female police officer went home, still in her uniform. Somehow went to the wrong apartment (?!) and shot the guy inside because she thought he was trespassing on her property!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45450558

I mean...I have no words for that level of stupidity. Have you ever been so tired from a day's work you forgot where you lived and killed the person whose home it actually was?

2. bjorkiii

Gangster

I honestly think that country is beyond help. Should rename it Crazyland.

3. jsmoke

Sgarrista

Everyday just don't tell anyone.

Maybe she had just moved in to a complex where every apartment looks the same and didn't go to the right level, it's not that far fetched.

4. cheesyboy

Capodecina

Man, good thing she was packing, otherwise who knows what would have happened....

5. Kronos

Catwalker

And I assume all had the same locks on the door so her key fitted? This is just plain weird America.

6. Roland Butter

Perma Banned

That a good point, well observed.

7. jsmoke

Sgarrista

I see what your saying. Maybe there's more to story, could be a bf/ex bf/neighbour.

8. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Heh

More likely her key didn't work and then the guy looked through his peephole and opened the door, wondering why the hell the police were trying to open his door with a key.

9. jsmoke

Sgarrista

@Kronos she may have tried the handle while getting out her keys, door being unlocked. You wouldn't make a good Columbo/poirot.

10. jsmoke

Sgarrista

Looks like we are both right, all corridors and doors look they same, apartment complex with many levels and it's after 10pm, her key was found in the lock after she unsuccessfully tried to open it.

She's gone to the wrong level tried her key, he's opened the door, she got spooked and shot him.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/09/botham-shem-jean/amp/

11. Roland Butter

Perma Banned

OK, but the OP will be disappointed that the thread hasn't gone down the well worn " aren't Americans stupid " road.

12. timmeh

Mobster

How do we know the door was locked?

Absolutely mental that her first thought was to shoot him, especially since she's a police officer too. I've walked up to the wrong apartment before when the lift stopped a floor early and I wasn't paying attention, I didn't shoot the person in there though.

13. dowie

Caporegime

Of course she's been arrested, and tested for alcohol/drugs etc..

oh no wait, she's a cop and so they've simply suspended

14. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Can't tell if serious...

15. arknor

Caporegime

surely your realise that it's not yours as soon as you see inside

16. jsmoke

Sgarrista

Well what kind of detective would you make. You would only see a person in front of you.

Hard days works on edge in the heat, in the evening 10pm, maybe newly moved in, maybe had a drink or two, lifts not working, all corridors and doors look the same, no numbers on stairway. Think your on correct floor. Try your key, doesn't open it, get confused, owner opens door, think your being burgled, see a black guy standing in front of you, go into training mode and shoot them.

17. Sparky__H

Wise Guy

It would read like she was not tested after the fact to see if she was under the influence.
    Not a particularly clever thing to do if you want to avoid accusations of possible intoxication and misconduct.

18. dl8860

Mobster

Lol what. This is even weirder and more stupid than if she somehow wanted to shoot the guy on purpose. The notion of going into someone else's house and shooting them for intruding is about the most "Americans ARE stupid" thing possible. You shoot someone in your on home (in America) HOPEFULLY because they are obviously an intruding, and acting like it. I can't see how the guy could open his front door, and she then ends up shooting him. Imagine it. He opens door and goes 'um can I help', she goes 'what are you doing in my flat', he goes 'um it's my flat, check the number'. That's how it should go. Instead, in crazy America, she reaches for her gun as soon as he opens the door.

19. CREATIVE!11

Soldato

ROFL

Is this story a troll? surely? SURELY?!?!?!?

20. jsmoke

Sgarrista

What if it was the same number as her door, different floors though.