• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Another dead 2080ti

Associate
OP - Get a refund and get a Vega64 with the free games to tide you over. Stick the refund cash in the bank/credit union and sit tight for a few months to see what's happening. The 64 is a very good card and the free games will keep you occupied for a while too :)

This.

Nvidia won't fix the issue until people stop buying the effected range of cards.

Associate
OP
All 20 series judging by the thread on geforce.

I have had a returns label and they said attempt to repair if not a refund issued ..does this sound standard practice ?

I won't be chancing another 2080,to if Radeon 7 was 600 I'd maybe go for that but atm IL probably get a Vega 64 and stick to older games

Man of Honour
they are using the same memory thought, right?
true.
just had a quick google, few sporadic reports that the rtx 2060 is also affected by the memory artifacting.
so definitely all RTX cards are affected.

again, what the cause of it isn't actually known (nvidia probs hiding something lol). most seem to blame micron memory, but it appears hynix and sammy vram can get the same artifacts as well.
so whether is the vram, or the actual architecture/tensor cores or memory controller flaw...not really sure.

as i said, 1660ti is newly released (and has even slower memory speed than 2060)...so we'll just have to see how it plays out.

Soldato
I think that's more like Centipede rather than Space Invaders.
Looks like graphics cards are getting new fad.
I wonder if next cards come with built in snake game...
After all once even TVs had that.

Most expensive Nvidia GPU out at the moment and went it goes bad it just puts low res astericks all over the place. For that money you`d think they could at least have coded in sprites ? :D
It's Nvidia.
That would have cost £2000.

Soldato
Good thing mine has 4 year warranty and I'd have sold it within 2 years for the next big thing

Also worth noting is that all data suggests if your 2080ti is going to fail, it's more likely to do so within the first days/weeks and if it survived 4 years it's not likely to just fall over

Permabanned
Good thing mine has 4 year warranty and I'd have sold it within 2 years for the next big thing
Also worth noting is that all data suggests if your 2080ti is going to fail, it's more likely to do so within the first days/weeks and if it survived 4 years it's not likely to just fall over

still wouldn't buy one 4 years down the line,

Associate
OP
Mine lasted 2 months one thing worth noting is it started crashing but at 4k , 1440p was fine it !!did this for a week I presumed drivers but it did the same thing in r,6 and bf5. So maybe at 1440p it would have not died ??? Maybe it was once more.memory was used it killed.itself

4k bench marks would kill it on its final day where as like 1080p would work fine

Back
Top Bottom