• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Another dead 2080ti

Man of Honour
true.
just had a quick google, few sporadic reports that the rtx 2060 is also affected by the memory artifacting.
so definitely all RTX cards are affected.

again, what the cause of it isn't actually known (nvidia probs hiding something lol). most seem to blame micron memory, but it appears hynix and sammy vram can get the same artifacts as well.
so whether is the vram, or the actual architecture/tensor cores or memory controller flaw...not really sure.

as i said, 1660ti is newly released (and has even slower memory speed than 2060)...so we'll just have to see how it plays out.

Lets just say there is a reason I haven't bought a Turing card - beyond my 1070 still being adequate for my needs.

Associate
I am working on a new build pc at the moment and I won't be buying a RTX any time in the near future if at all. At a guess I would say its not their memory but another part of the circuit destroying the vram at some point of stress, something out of tolerance or a fake component, it would not be the first time that's happened.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom