Another EU Gem incoming?

Soldato
Yes but the EU probably won't have access to all of the UK data. We will just make cars which "meet the standard" so they can be sold in Europe.

Soldato
All the cars we almost certainly buy in following the collapse of UK industry after brexit will have it anyway (or possibly not as there will likely a massive recession).

It’s not like European makes will have a special model for us without this and the cars will likely have to meet all the EU standards anyway if we want to drive them there.

Soldato
Post Brexit we'll be so poor we'll be importing that last gen rebodied dross that they build for places like Brazil :p

Caporegime
I dare say that has **** ed off the european makers for decades, having to re-tool for a RHD model for them awkward
Brits.

Nobody's forcing them to though, they choose to do it.

(Unrelated but the UK seems to be a very lucrative market for Europe, and we also seem to buy one if the higher percentages of the performance models of a given model)

Soldato
In theory it's ok, in practise you will get fined left right and center for speeding 31 in a 30 72 on a motorway... All the data will be sold and hacked / stolen everyone will know where you went when, how fast... Software errors will see you in court for doing 387 in a 20... Stopping in a no stopping area because the traffic Came to a standstill .. And on and on

Soldato
I dare say that has **** ed off the european makers for decades, having to re-tool for a RHD model for them awkward
Brits.

They should drive on the correct side then.

In theory it's ok, in practise you will get fined left right and center for speeding 31 in a 30 72 on a motorway... All the data will be sold and hacked / stolen everyone will know where you went when, how fast... Software errors will see you in court for doing 387 in a 20... Stopping in a no stopping area because the traffic Came to a standstill .. And on and on

Luckily GPS isn't accurate enough to do that. But as we know, relying on automated policing just makes it easy to cheat the system (i.e mess with the tracking system or disable it, tadaa you can now speed and never get caught).

Back
Top Bottom