ANOTHER I want xxxxx monitor.

Associate
Hey, I'm looking for a good monitor for £250 ish. I was looking at the Samsung T240 24" but I don't want to spend an extra £30 for freeview I won't even watch and the one without it isnt in stock and there is no pre-order info! :(

I will primarily be gaming/surfing the next. I rarely do any sort of graphic design work so I'm not so bothered about colour clarity, just aslong as games look mint I'm happy! ;D

Any help greatly appreciated! :x

Associate
OP
Is this a new screen, am I gonna be happy with it? I've been reading a few reviews and there always seems to be a bad point about every monitor. Whilst I'm not expecting it to be perfect, it still puts me off.

Soldato
This is unashamedly my favourite monitor in this price range.

It may not be Full HD or 24in, but it uses a far higher quality (eIPS) panel, while almost all others in the price range use lower quality TNs. The response time and image lag are very low and it is great for gaming.

if by gaming you mean online fps then i'd recommend 2ms over 5ms any day....the difference is quite noticeable if you have the skills to make it so ; )

If you can notice the difference between 2ms and 5ms response time then more power to you i guess. For the remainder of the human population 5ms (even 8ms) is fine and you will generally be more bothered by image lag anyway (not to mention network lag).

Soldato
Pity that Dell one isn't 1920x1200, i'm looking for an upgrade from my 2007FP for around £300 but going from 1600x1200 to 1680x1050 doesn't enthrall me. :p

Associate
OP
I would rather have 1920x1200, I don't need it to be outstanding quality, I just want it to look good in game.

Top Bottom