Another moron needs monitor advice

Soldato
Morning chaps. As per the title, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to anything monitor related despite working in 2nd Line for nearly 5 years (blahblahblah).

Long story short is I've an Xbox One S I'm currently using with a 32in Samsung TV that's coming up to about 10 years old. I think I'm due an upgrade of sorts and I think a monitor might be the best option.

Looking for something in 24/27in, budget between £150-200, can maybe push if something is an absolute steal. Kinda casual with my gaming habits, few hours of FIFA most nights, Batman games, nothing strenuous.

Many thanks!

Soldato
What's the XBOne's output resolution? No sense suggesting a 1440p screen if it only delivers 1080p :) Also, unless I miss my guess, consoles will cap framerates at 60, so 144hz is also pointless... Is there actually an upgrade involved in switching to a smaller screen that's still 60hz and 1080p? ^^;

Soldato
OP
One S can display 4K content, no? Either way a 4k monitor is more than likely out of my budget (also looking for a chair)

My Samsung is 720p, so yeah, I suspect so! That's how old the thing is...

Soldato
Only thing I'd say about the BenQ is that it's a TN panel, and isn't likely to have the best colour accuracy/range. Low response times will serve you well for gaming, but again if the XB One is capping output at 60fps, that's not really a benefit...

Maybe consider something with a VA panel and 4ms instead? https://www.overclockers.co.uk/benq...frame-multimedia-monitor-black-mo-117-bq.html (no experience with this model, check reviews! But it's the sort of thing I'd consider :))

Back
Top Bottom