Another Purchase... Part Deux

Soldato
Hi all,

Following my previous thread here on the leather seats that i bought four the Astra, i have now purchased this...

29062007346.jpg

I've done quite a bit of reading up on it, and found that all Astras have the loom in place for heated seats.

I had a quick peek under the carpet for the loom, but i was lokoing in the wrong place. I need to remove the centre console, and the loom is under there tied down.

According to various people that have installed it, its simply a case of plug and play, may need to pop a fuse in the fusebox but thats about it.

Only shame is i'll have a TC button when i don't have TC! The coin tray i have purchased also won't have the electric wing mirror button fitted, just the heated seat switches and the TC button :)

Updates and pics when i've removed the centre console :)

Phil

Last edited:
Soldato
Ironically, they might come in useful for this summer :p

Are you sure the seats have the heating elements too, or would you have to fit those?

Soldato
OP
The seats already have the elements, i cable-tied the plugs to the underneath of the seats before i put them in the car :)

Its nothing that i will be using everyday, but will probably come in handy in winter (or summer as you say ;)) and its a nice feature to have, especially in a car where electric windows are a luxury.

Soldato
OP
I always do that to people when cars i go in have heated seats, really funny when they click in 5mins and a sweaty arse later.

Going to remove the centre console now, wish me luck :D

Soldato
OP
Well, tonight i've not been very successful.

Got the centre console out, and all there is under it is the ECU for the airbag. I had a good look/feel under the carpet, and there is no loom there, guessing the car's too early for it (Phase 1 rather than 2).

So next step is finding a guide on how to wire them up myself :)

Soldato
Phil W said:
Well, tonight i've not been very successful.

Got the centre console out, and all there is under it is the ECU for the airbag. I had a good look/feel under the carpet, and there is no loom there, guessing the car's too early for it (Phase 1 rather than 2).

So next step is finding a guide on how to wire them up myself :)

I just got a great mental image of you turning to your passenger, saying 'check out my heated seats I got', leaning forward to flick a switch, and an airbag going off in your face.

It made me larf :D

Soldato
OP
:D

Spoke to a guy tonight who's breaking his Astra due to a rear end bump, he had the seats wired up (loom already in the car) so is arranging for me to have the loom, all i'll have to do is plug in the positive and earth and of course the fuse!

Soldato
Phil W said:
I always do that to people when cars i go in have heated seats, really funny when they click in 5mins and a sweaty arse later.

Going to remove the centre console now, wish me luck :D

Yeah, but their sweaty arse is sweating into your seats. Not good. ;)

Back
Top Bottom