Another spec me thread

Associate
So since the last thread which was a little all over the place my requirements have firmed up a little more which may make it easier for people to think of cars I've missed :D

Last time I had a slightly less practical requirement level in mind and ended up with my 2008 R56 Mini as a cheap runabout in the short term but frankly I'm bored already of having to rope in friends to collect small bits of furniture etc and as I say was only ever intended as a stop gap (Plus I've had to do the hpfp and am going to get it walnut blasted too before I can sell it...)

Requirements this time round;
Ideally somewhere around 30mpg but this is a little flexible :D
Estate or hatch - getting a dog soon so want space for the crate if needed & also I need the practicality for aforementioned furniture etc
Fun on my 80% B road commute (35 miles each way down B roads and single lanes with the odd dual carriage way)
Budget somewhere around £6-7K
And very subjectively, interesting :D

Current front runners are;
2008+ S3 Sportback (5 door S3) - Had a 2002 S3 in the past which was pretty boring but these are supposed to be more interesting allegedly... they just about creep into budget, theres one at a dealer atm for £7k with under 100k miles
2005+ E61 BMW 535D estate (M sport) - worry it'll be a bit too bargey for my mostly B road commute and not sure on the auto box either, could look at a 530D manual too...

Thought it'd be interesting to see what cars others could think of / that I have missed.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Focus estate. Ridiculously fun and can fit a washing machine in back.

Ironically I sold my Focus ST as it was too boring for the mpg I was getting from it :D approx 24mpg and just not fun enough to warrant that mpg (sooner have a S4 Avant or something if I'm stomaching those running costs)

Plus in the short time I had the car it's possibly the heaviest depreciating used car I've owned (driven by the facelifts coming down in price I think)

Back
Top Bottom