** ANOTHER WEEKEND MEGADEAL: Samsung S27B970D ULTRA THIN LED PROFESSIONAL PLS MONITOR!! - £300 DISC

Soldato
Good to hear L_D. The quality control is excellent on the Samsungs, way above competing 2560 x 1440 models (some of which use the same panel). People think that the extra cost is purely down to the design of the monitor. Once you actually use one and see how well set up everything is out of the box, how good uniformity is and then read about the issues other people are having with their WQHD Dell/ViewSonic/ASUS models you can start to see why there is a premium attached. Uniformity compensation and hardware calibration features are also not something commonly found on all WQHD models, either, but the Samsung has these features.

Associate
My samsung 970 better be perfect if I actually ever get it delivered DPD sure taking their time this my 3 day waiting thought it was next day delivery.

Parcel Status
Sorry, there's a delay with your parcel and it's being held in our DPD Exeter depot; we will update you here shortly.

DPD been saying this for 2 days
Update are DPD taking the p***

03 Oct 2013 10:19 Exeter
There's a delay with your parcel and it's being held in our DPD Exeter depot

Something going on here don't think they are ever going to deliver the monitor may be lost all stolen at the Exeter depot.
Have phoned DPD the nice woman thinks the van driver can't find my address so he never used a sat Nav or a map then so stupid.

03 Oct 2013 12:13 Central Services
As requested, your parcel will now be delivered on Fri 04 October 2013.
Have gave them my home phone number to give to the driver so he can't get lost lol.

Last edited:
Associate
I had DPD try and deliver to the wrong house - after OCUK had kindly upgraded my delivery to Saturday. My item arrived on the Tuesday and I wrote them a snotty letter and got a tenner as compensation!

Associate
arrgg...the bitter tease of a 27" monitor with a European plug only. It looked at me from the box, mocking me...so shiny but I could not power it up...

One quick call to OCUK and a UK plug is on the way...sigh.

The boxed shiny has been hidden away in the cupboard so I dont get teased any more by it's promise of pixels.

Associate
arrgg...the bitter tease of a 27" monitor with a European plug only. It looked at me from the box, mocking me...so shiny but I could not power it up...

One quick call to OCUK and a UK plug is on the way...sigh.

The boxed shiny has been hidden away in the cupboard so I dont get teased any more by it's promise of pixels.

They told me you can indeed plug it into a 2 pin adapter, and it will run fine until the replacement plug shows up.

Associate
Your parcel has been delivered at 08:49 on Fri 04 Oct 2013 WOW got it.

First impression is this is one great looking monitor an its so thin compared to my Dell 2407 cant see any dead pixels but have not run any dead pixel test no backlight bleed but again need to check when its dark.
Sunny day here an this screen is very reflective when its turned off you could use like a mirror compared to my Dell 2407 you cant see yourself at all but when in desktop you hardly notice your reflection so no regrets this monitor is a keeper very happy to pay only £499 for it.

Thanks Overclockers

Last edited:
Associate
One of the cool features of this monitor for me is it has MHL an comes with the cable to simply plug into my Samsung Galaxy note 1 mobile phone watching movies looks great from my phone onto this big screen sound not to bad either from the monitor speakers.:D

BBC iplayer looks good to from my phone would be happy if I paid £700 for this monitor.
Need get some new games for my phone now lol.

Last edited:
Associate
Mine turned up at 1.30 today.

Really pleased with it no dead pixels or backlight bleed, the box had no damage to it at all.

Personally think its as good as the Apple Cinema display.

Great display been playing wow for a few hours and my titan doesn't even break a sweat at max res.

Cheers all

xix

xix

Associate
I really wanted one of these last weekend but wasn't in a position to drop £500 (I'm a heating engineer and had a big job starting Monday and needed buffer cash for materials). Now i've been paid for that big job and i'm in a position to drop good money on a 1440p 27" that i've been after for ages. Looked at the Dell loads of times, done my research. but don't have the time or energy to play the backlight lottery.

These look good but even though they're still cheap, I can't drop £640 on one knowing that it was £500 a week ago. I just can't.! But I want one bad. Are you going to drop these again at all, or was that it? I'd buy one straight away at £500 again.

OcUK Staff
OP
I really wanted one of these last weekend but wasn't in a position to drop £500 (I'm a heating engineer and had a big job starting Monday and needed buffer cash for materials). Now i've been paid for that big job and i'm in a position to drop good money on a 1440p 27" that i've been after for ages. Looked at the Dell loads of times, done my research. but don't have the time or energy to play the backlight lottery.

These look good but even though they're still cheap, I can't drop £640 on one knowing that it was £500 a week ago. I just can't.! But I want one bad. Are you going to drop these again at all, or was that it? I'd buy one straight away at £500 again.

Nope it was a one off, these shall be £799 after Wednesday next week or sold out.

Associate
One of the cool features of this monitor for me is it has MHL an comes with the cable to simply plug into my Samsung Galaxy note 1 mobile phone watching movies looks great from my phone onto this big screen sound not to bad either from the monitor speakers.:D

BBC iplayer looks good to from my phone would be happy if I paid £700 for this monitor.
Need get some new games for my phone now lol.
I plugged in one of our Galaxy S3's via the MHL cable and it did nothing - I was quite excited about this too. Am I missing something?

Soldato
Mine hasn't shipped yet, I had to get it on finance as I was being paid on monday and didn't want to risk missing the offer. For some reason hitachi has removed the e-signature option so i had to post stuff off >.>.

Does the monitor take a standard kettle lead for power? I have spares in case mine comes with a europlug, otherwise I'll fire an email off to ocuk tomorrow so that (hopefully) they'll ship one with it.

Associate
It has an external power block, with a 'figure 8' lead for the plug. Mine had the 2 pin euro plug, I sent OCS a webnote and a 3 pin version arrived in the post the next day for free.

Associate
I plugged in one of our Galaxy S3's via the MHL cable and it did nothing - I was quite excited about this too. Am I missing something?

I think the Galaxy S3 uses a slightly different MHL to give more power to the phone read this online somewhere when checking if my Galaxy note 1 would work was going to buy a Samsung original MHL adapter for £13 but thought that the Samsung 970 might come with a MHL cable when I plugged this into my phones power socket which is the one that charges my phone it just worked straight away.
These Samsung MHL adapters have two different model numbers for the old model mine an the newer model yours but I didn't think you needed to buy a MHL adapter because the Samsung 970 has it built in I'am not sure though.
Have you downloaded the manual for this monitor gives some info on using MHL cable.
When using MHL just have the monitor an the phone on an your PC off you know this but I did have my PC on first time I tried it an of course MHL didnt work lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
It has an external power block, with a 'figure 8' lead for the plug. Mine had the 2 pin euro plug, I sent OCS a webnote and a 3 pin version arrived in the post the next day for free.

Cheers, I've dropped ocuk a webnote in the hope they'll ship it with a replacement cable once finance clears..

fingers crossed >.>

Back
Top Bottom