Another 'What car?' thread

Associate
Good evening people! After owning my hyundai coupe for about a year and a couple of months now i'm getting a little tired of it, and with only a few months remaining on my initial loan to purchase it, i am already looking to upgrade!

I've looked around pistonheads, but anything that springs to mind as 'Oh, cool!' usually means 'Oh.. its group 20'.

I am looking to spend about £7-9k on the new car as opposed to 4.5k on the coupe, and i'd like a car similar to it, if you know what i mean - Another coupe of sorts, which is insurable, i cant really think of anything right now.

I'm 19 with two years NCB right now, 3 years in april / may, and currently paying about £900 p/a on the coupe for insurance.

I was looking at the likes of a 200SX, new celica, TT's and such but have no idea where else i should poke my nose.

A short spec list

Price : £7-9000
0-60 : 6-7seconds
Interior : Leather seats + air con

Anything else is a bonus, and i'm open to anything non-coupeish too if you have a valid suggestion.

Any ideas please?

Soldato
At age 19 an impreza is a bad idea insurance wise, not that most of my suggestions will be much better!

200SX
Teg type-r, Civic Type-R...even accord type-r if you need to carry some kids ;)
Prelude VTI/Type-S
Mondeo ST220s might have fallen in price enough
MR2 Turbo
Gallant VR4

Just a few random ideas, not really sticking to the coupe idea but hey.

Soldato
Whilst you're bored right now could you stand to wait another year and a bit until you're 21? Right now insurance will be a huge limiting factor where as at 21 with 4 year NCB you'd stand a good chance of insuring something reasonably quick for a comparatively low cost.

Back
Top Bottom