1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Answering your phone on your tablet? Android.

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by slipd, Jun 16, 2019.

1. slipd

Mobster

Hi guys,

As above. The gf has no issues at all on Apple - and no, I won't be switching to Apple :) Are there any apps on Android for gaining this feature?

I think she gets calls and texts, iphone to ipad.

Thanks.

2. Hades

Capodecina

There is probably a better way. But I forward my calls to a dedicated skype number. So when someone calls me then my two phones, desktop, laptop and various tablets all ring. I answer whatever is closest.

I have to pay for a Skype number though.

3. David Flett

Wise Guy

WhatsApp?

4. bimmerboii

Hitman

Samsung has introduced continuity with S10 phones and the S5e tablet. This allows calls and texts to be forwarded to the tablet. Not sure if this is available with other phone/tablet combos

5. slipd

Mobster

Hmm, there seem to be a few manufacturer specific apps floating around but nothing platform focused? I'd have thought there'd have been an out-an-out Android solution that would have brought everything together through your Google account.

6. bimmerboii

Hitman

There are a couple of apps for sms sync & texting on tablets like mysms & mightytext. I don't think there's one for syncing calls though.

Google should've had their own take by now but sadly they dont. Another annoying thing missing is the syncing of notifications. Clearing a notification from my phone should also clear the notification on my tablet and vice versa.

7. TheOracle

Capodecina

No, after all these years google hasn't even been able to make a decent texting app, so continuity between devices (especially their own tablet which runs a completely different OS) is an unfortunate but resounding.........no.

This is where apple excels (in part, due to its closed nature).

8. pcfarrar

Hitman

Apple is the best choice you can answer calls/texts on every Apple device including Watch/iPad/Homepod/Mac etc...

9. Broken Hope

Sgarrista

If you're with EE your phone doesn't even need to be switched on and you can still receive calls on your other Apple devices.