Antec 900. Possible Mods, need advice.

Associate
Recently I bought an Antec 900. However I've been a bit disappointed with the amount of space inside for cable management, and since I'm broke I won't be getting a new case anytime soon. So, I've been thinking of some mods for it, which should hopefully make things a bit better.

First off. I have a MSI P35 diamond mobo, and it's really quite a nuisance as it has these these 2 power ports on the left side of the mobo (indicated by red in the following picture) Getting the two cables there, whilst still making the insides looking neat is quite annoying, the only way that I can get at least one of the cables there, is to put it behind the GPU. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I could do by looking at this picture?

SANY0157.jpg

Also, Antec have stupidly only given two holes for cable management (indicated in white). Do you think making a hole, indicated in blue above would be a good idea, to try and disperse the cables?

The next two pictures are just some zoomed shots of the power ports on the mobo, just incase you want to get a better idea of how it looks.
SANY0161.jpg
SANY0163.jpg

Also, I just picked up my corsair 650w the other day, and that's why it looks like a bomb just dropped inside my case, since I haven't spent too much time on making it looks neat until I get a better idea of where I want to go with the case. Here's the next question, is there a way to disconnect cables from a corsair psu? I realized I don't need every single one and they are just making a mess being there.

And finally, I hate the grey color inside the case, if I wanted to paint/spray paint it to another color, such as black or green, what kind of paint/spray paint should I be looking to use.

Thanks for reading through. This will be my first time actually making a project from my PC, so thats why I've had a few questions, so if I get the answers i need then maybe you'll see a project log for it soon :)

Thanks in advance and look forward to your replies

(sorry for ****e pics, couldnt be bothered to take my nice cam out, also sorry if the images are a tad big)

Associate
OP
Shakeel, your absolutely right, my system runs fine without the molex power, I always thought I needed it for some reason, thanks you just got rid of the most annoying cable to connect neatly :p

Associate
Reverse mounting your hard drive(s) is a good start, Gets rid of some of the visible wires. As for the holes, The PSU hole is a definete, And you should put atleast one on the right hand side of the motherboard just to tidy some of those wires.

Not too sure if you like the window on the Antec, But a window mod could be in order, I put Red plexi in mine but thats just my taste, Obviously can be done with clear.

15092009052.jpg

Associate
OP
Well, I've decided to cut in some holes for easier cable management, should look like this:
DSC03585.jpg

And UnworthyBean, that glass panel looks quite nice, I think I would go for a transparent plexi glass though, but what steps did you take to get something like that?

Associate
yeah i chose red plexi as it makes my red led fans and red pipes look more of an even colour, it also dims the lights so theyre not too bright during the night and theyre still visisble during the day.

I just measure three times to make sure it was all going to fit, masked off the outside side of the panel and then cut very carefully with a jigsaw. Edges were neatened with with sandpaper and blowhole trim and then the plexi put in place with 4010 tape. Looks much better than the standard window, in mine and probably everyone elses opinion.

There a plenty of people who have done the same mod though, i think its tjharlow on youtube who has a brilliiant video of him doing it, you should take a look. Only cost me £6 for the plexi, £3 for the blowhole trim and £3 for the tape so its actually really cheap, you just have to make sure not to mess it up anywhere.

Apologise for lack of spelling and grammer, on my phone :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom