Soldato
OK cool, its the Antec Mercury 360, is being made by Asetek IIRC a positive or negative?
Most AIO are made by Asetek because they have a patent on the pump being put on the water block. Not many reviews for the Mercury but it does have a 5 year warranty and we also have a Antec rep on the forums. I think the aesthetics to it are great though.

Associate
OP
Most AIO are made by Asetek because they have a patent on the pump being put on the water block. Not many reviews for the Mercury but it does have a 5 year warranty and we also have a Antec rep on the forums. I think the aesthetics to it are great though.
Oh I didn't realise they were the guys with that patent! Good forward thinking on their part though. I want one but I don't want to replace my Noctua, oh the decisions! Thanks for the info btw. I think I'll buy one when I have upgraded to a case that can handle a 360mm side-mounted. It's more of a cosmetic upgrade for me personally, but cosmetics aren't something I can afford right now, got other priorities first!

Soldato
Oh I didn't realise they were the guys with that patent! Good forward thinking on their part though. I want one but I don't want to replace my Noctua, oh the decisions! Thanks for the info btw. I think I'll buy one when I have upgraded to a case that can handle a 360mm side-mounted. It's more of a cosmetic upgrade for me personally, but cosmetics aren't something I can afford right now, got other priorities first!
Well if you've got a NH-D14/D15 then you'll only notice a tiny drop in temperatures and the Antec will probably be slightly louder, good luck with the upgrades!

Associate
OP
Well if you've got a NH-D14/D15 then you'll only notice a tiny drop in temperatures and the Antec will probably be slightly louder, good luck with the upgrades!
Yeah I realised that when I looked at a review from here:

https://www.nikktech.com/main/artic...ntec-mercury-360-aio-liquid-cpu-cooler-review

The temps and noise technically look better but tbh I can't hear my NH-D14 now so the noise benefit is non-existent for me. I figure I am going to sort out my GPU first (I have been trying to get it repaired under warranty for a year with no success, and their warranty is in conflict with consumer law but thats a different story haha). Then I can deal with water cooling :)

Thanks for all the info!

Back
Top Bottom