1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antec Budget Case - great price shame about the lemon

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by Kurgen, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Kurgen

Wise Guy

This case looks great for a Budget one.. One big shame is the Yellow Mesh.. this wouldnt really match any build? Black , white, red, blue, green... anything but yellow :(

My basket at Overclockers UK:
    Total: £43.09 (includes shipping: £11.10) ​
    [​IMG]

2. Ace Modder

Antec Rep

Interesting you say that actually. Our next batch coming for thr UK I have requested it to be revised. But this stock won't be till 2019 now.

The reason for the yellow is the Antec colour logo is yellow, but I have raised similiar concerns you have reference the yellow, which is why I've got a more neutral colour coming for the future.

[​IMG]

3. Kurgen

Wise Guy

it would look great in neutral colour, and it looks very compact for an ATX which a lot of people ask for lately. I would certainly consider it and recommend it for a non glass case at that price point

4. Ace Modder

Antec Rep

Good to know Kurgen. It is a good product at the price point for sure.

5. Bug One

Sgarrista

Can the mesh be removed so they can be sprayed?

6. Ace Modder

Antec Rep

The mesh can be removed, but it is not recommended, it can be fairly fiddly and you risk damaging it. Antec recommend to not try to remove it.

7. Scooby-DoobyDoo

Wise Guy

Grey mesh - £31.99 - I'm in.

8. Ace Modder

Antec Rep

9. Scooby-DoobyDoo

Wise Guy

£23.99 now

10. Double07

Wise Guy

24 quid for a half decent case! Seems a bit of a steal at that price.

11. Sparx

Mobster

That looks like a fantastic case for £23.99! Props to Antec.

I'll be doing a budget build for a friend soon, and this looks perfect for the job :D

Also @Ace Modder props for getting the grey version, much better than the yellow!

12. chippy08

Mobster

But is the case any good. can anyone who has one say if its any good or what issues it has if any and what size air cooler they used as the Description dont say what size air cooler you can use.

13. Kurgen

Wise Guy

its a budget case, i would expect to be a bit better than unbranded. i would have no problem using one for simple builds, also cheap ones tend to be very light. as for air cooler i found this from the interweb

1. Motherboards with dimensions according to the ATX, micro-ATX and mini-ITX standards
    2. Up to 7 expansion slots
    3. VGA cards with maximum length of up to 350 mm
    4. CPU-coolers with a maximum height of 155 mm
    5. ventilated PSU compartment to keep the power supply cool
    It accommodates up to a total of five 120mm fans, and includes one 120mm rear exhaust fan to start with. Furthermore, the NX100 offers space for a 240mm water-cooling radiator in the front and a 120mm radiator at the rear.

@Ace Modder always happy to do a build one if theres any damaged / sample stock ;)

14. chippy08

Mobster

There is the Antec nx200 as well which has Rgb i wonder if o.c will stock them at a cheap price.

I see these cases are for sale in indian looking at the unboxing videos on youtube.

15. Ace Modder

Antec Rep

the NX200 is not coming to European markets, however we have the following coming to UK and Europe:

NX110
    NX210
    NX300
    NX400
    NX500
    NX600
    NX1000

Aiming for August arrival. However I'm not so sure OcUK wants to stock our chassis any more, they want to focus on their own brand, Kolink over Antec.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  16. ChugNorris

OcUK Staff

Actually, that wasn't even part of the decision making process. As Antec is no longer a brand I manage, I can't really comment, but I can at least confirm that what you have said above is completely untrue.

17. chippy08

Mobster

The Nx110 looks the same as the Nx200 which is sold in india am i correct

18. Ace Modder

Antec Rep

That is just my view on it. Don't worry, it is no problem for me. Sales were always poor at OcUK for Antec, even when I was the case buyer at OcUK, before I joined Antec myself. Your company decision to stop stocking Antec is OK with me, and I have no negativity to you Glen or any of OcUK guys I like the company, OcUK is a true enthusiast. I have always been part of the forum community, long before I worked for Antec and before I worked for OcUK. I will continue to play a part in this community, at the end of the day there are some good people on this forum, I have made friends with a number of people here and that I am thankful for so I will stay around for the banter etc.

P.S. We need to go for a beer soon Glen. It's been a while.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  19. Ace Modder

Antec Rep

Similiar, but not the same I believe. As the NX200 isn't available for European markets, I have no got access to the specifics.