Antec poor quality

Associate
Never again buy antec products poor quality, overclockers refuse rma because over 1 year old. Antec rma centre located in Netherlands disappointed! Commented on Antec uk Facebook page and get blocked worst company ever experienced.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi

OcUK can deal with your warranty. We do not refuse warranty that is over 1 year old on any PSU from end users or OcUK.
We can do the warranty directly with you, but as stated our RMA centre is in the Netherlands, if you are not happy with that shipping cost to return it, then you can go back to the retailer, the retailer is ultimately also liable for the full warranty period that the manufacturer offers - as we then deal with OcUK on the warranty.

Please email me with the details you have. I will look into it for you.

lbryan AT antec.com

Thanks

P.S. I removed your post from Facebook due to you writing that this is poor Antec quality on an image for a product we have not yet released (the P8 Case), then you decided to post it again so I removed it and blocked you from our page, you are not going about things the correct way to get your issue sorted. I will help, but I will not tolerate you slagging off products you have never used or seen in the flesh because it has not been released yet.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Hello

We have created an RMA number for you to return it back to OCUK under warranty. You should have had an email with RMA instructions and then we will send it back to the manufacturer for repair / replacement.

Bailey

Associate
OP
Hi

OcUK can deal with your warranty. We do not refuse warranty that is over 1 year old on any PSU from end users or OcUK.
We can do the warranty directly with you, but as stated our RMA centre is in the Netherlands, if you are not happy with that shipping cost to return it, then you can go back to the retailer, the retailer is ultimately also liable for the full warranty period that the manufacturer offers - as we then deal with OcUK on the warranty.

Please email me with the details you have. I will look into it for you.

lbryan AT antec.com

Thanks

P.S. I removed your post from Facebook due to you writing that this is poor Antec quality on an image for a product we have not yet released (the P8 Case), then you decided to post it again so I removed it and blocked you from our page, you are not going about things the correct way to get your issue sorted. I will help, but I will not tolerate you slagging off products you have never used or seen in the flesh because it has not been released yet.
First I sent message but you ignored, then commented on P100 and 750w PSU and after you deleted, I did again on Antec Uk Profile picture inform and warn another users what products you make and declare quality and reliability.

Soldato
Well I have asked you to email me with more info, I have not seen any messages other than the 2 comments on Antec UK public facebook pictures.

You have a PSU with a fan that is making a click noise, this does not mean all of our products are faulty and poor quality. Our products have a very low RMA rate, I will never say we have a 0 failure rate, as no manufacturer can obtain that.

But spamming photos of products you do not own saying they are poor quality is not the right way to deal with your faulty fan in the PSU.

I'm here to help, not get into an argument, but now you have an RMA number from OcUK so the return can be done via them as you wish. The matter will be resolved for you.

Soldato
Toys well and truly chucked out of pram.

Well done on sorting him out though.

Don't think that is very fair or balanced.

If a direct service is not available or you would prefer Overclockers UK to handle your return, then we encourage you to contact us. We will send your goods for repair or replacement to the manufacturer under warranty.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/returns-details#opt2

Did blow his top indeed, and Ace is justified in removing comments about products that the customer doesn't own. But it would never have reached that point had OcUK not initially refused RMA'ing through OcUK, which is contrary to expressed policy on the website. I don't think the person/s responsible for setting policy/ensuring it's carried out by staff understand how it angers people when a promise isn't kept. It happened to me a couple of years ago and it isn't nice to see it's still going on. I did end up getting sorted out nicely, after a long wait, and after not being allowed to RMA through OcUK. But it was a sour incident until then.

So either change the written policy, or make sure the customer is advised properly, not "instructed" they "have to" RMA through Antec/others (when the policy actually says they can choose to do so through OcUK), and it will help to avoid such incidents. You cannot say you have the best customer service when this sort of thing is still going on.

Antec unfairly got the full wrath, when a PSU becoming faulty is nothing out of the ordinary for any manufacturer. But the customer hadn't been dealt with correctly by the other party involved, which is what caused it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Whilst we can handle all warranty claims directly, even in the first 12 months. Due to our RMA centre for all of Europe being in the Netherlands, we encourage UK and other country end users to deal with warranty via the reseller they purchased from, only because it is a cheaper option for them due to costs for them to return a case or heavy PSU back to our Netherlands centre.

Of course if the customer REALLY wants to do the RMA via us then we certainly will do so, but legally the onus is also on the retailer for the entire life of the product. The legal contract is between the reseller and the end user, but that being said we try to help our customers the best we can to ensure we offer a professional quality after care service.

Soldato
Just to clarify as i didnt know this was true.. OCUK will deal with warranty for the life of the warranty period? a certain other retailer that i no longer used told me had to goto the manufacturer direct as it was over a year old.

Associate
Yep Antec and Thermaltake are both getting pretty bad rep at the moment.

I remember when the Antec 100 was considered the go to case for system builders.

What's happened there?

Did Mike Ashley buy them out?

Soldato
Legally any retailer has a legal responsibility to deal with the warranty for the entire life of the warranty period offered by the manufacturer. They of course are entitled to just then pass the item over to the manufacturer to deal with repair/replacement though. Your legal contract is with the retailer not the manufacturer.
But a retailer is not allowed to refuse to deal with any warranties. However, often cutting out the retailer can sort the RMA quicker as there is no middle man (retailer) to slow down the process.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep Antec and Thermaltake are both getting pretty bad rep at the moment.

I remember when the Antec 100 was considered the go to case for system builders.

What's happened there?

I assume you mean the Antec 300? Not the 100.
Antec spent a period of time focusing on avenue's that were not deemed to be for the enthusiast market. We worked on products aimed for B2B and corportate environments and as such the Antec brand in the enthusiast segment seemed to weaken. Our line up wasn't that strong in this field for a while I will not argue the point, it just wasn't the focus that Antec was pointing too at the time.

However we have had some top level management changes more recently, and now the focus is coming back to the enthusiast market and I'm quite excited with our new products we have now, consider the P8 and the P110 these are much better alligned to the enthusiast customer. The future with new unannounced products as well will be just getting better and better.

I just want to say "watch this space" as I think in the next year or two will be be back - granted the enthusiast case market is very much different to the years gone, when the 300 was the pinnacle, there is a much wider range of products competing in this segment, Phanteks, NZXT, Inwin, Corsair, Bitfenix, Fractal Design etc. When the 300 was at the height of popularity there were only really Antec, Coolermaster and maybe lesser so Lian Li in this market. Competition is fierce but we welcome the challenge, as an enthusiast myself I just think the more brands fighting it out, the more new innovation will be made - win win for you the user!

Associate
I assume you mean the Antec 300? Not the 100.
Yea, that's be the one. It was very highly regarded at one period and featured on every build guide on popular tech sites for budding system builders.

Well it's good to hear that Antec are looking at coming back with some new products. Reputations are hard to earn but easy to lose these days. It only takes one or two mis-steps and it can shatter consumer confidence.

Soldato
Agreed, the market is quite saturated with many different models of case, there is no leading product anymore. Many brands and many products that sell fairly well, but there is not really one stand out product now.

Associate
OP
Legally any retailer has a legal responsibility to deal with the warranty for the entire life of the warranty period offered by the manufacturer. They of course are entitled to just then pass the item over to the manufacturer to deal with repair/replacement though. Your legal contract is with the retailer not the manufacturer.
But a retailer is not allowed to refuse to deal with any warranties. However, often cutting out the retailer can sort the RMA quicker as there is no middle man (retailer) to slow down the process.
If service centre was in uk will be no problem but send 4kg to Netherlands £40 little expensive.

Back
Top Bottom