Antec PSUs - Safe Buy - Yes/No ?

Soldato
I picked up the Truepower 650w at the end of last year.
It had decent reviews, plenty of connections and is much quieter than the 700w OCZ it replaced.
It hasn't blown up... Not much else I can say. :)

Soldato
Sampled a couple of truepowers last year. Cables were short and not fully modular. Wasn't that impressed. Obviously a reliable PSU none the less and the prices were good then.

Just bought myself another Antec from the Basic range. 350W, it does the job, quiet etc.

Go for it :)

Associate
I have a trupower 850 (antec). Good PSU but not fully modular and quite short cables especially in a cosmos full tower case.

Went for Corsair this time although the 850 still works fine 4 years after I bought it.

Associate
I got very unlucky with two TruePower New 650w PSUs last year. The first was DoA, and the replacement died 6 months after I got, taking my motherboard with it.

This one's been fine, though. Like I said, just unlucky. Everything that could go wrong with this build mostly did in the first couple of months :p

Soldato
Associate
But its all a bit misleading. Truepowers are made by seasonic and the big high current gamers are made by delta. Antec don't make any psus, they get psu manufacturers to make them to their specification. All antec psus should be fine, their is only one batch of psus that suffered from spontanious death syndrome but that was years ago and only effected one model Iirc. Delta are the largest psu manufacturer out there, they didn't get as big as they are without being decent.

Soldato
Corsair gets my vote,I know your looking at antec but corsair have a very good name for themselves.

Just my 2p worth :)

The Corsair CX series are utter **** compared to the 'value/budget' PSUs of other names such as XFX (they use Seasonic platforms on their low end PSUs).

The CX400 was made by Seasonic, but they discontinued it because it cost them too much to make. :p

Back
Top Bottom