Anti War demo's this Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
More info here -

http://www.stopwar.org.uk/

Whatever you feel about the troops etc, killing is NOT the answer. Our guys will die, and many more of the Iraqi civilians, not to mention the Iraqi troops. The last time a country invaded another as a 'pre-emptive' attack it was Germany going into Poland. At the time America said the attack was wrong. How things change.

S

Man of Honour
Saturday will be a bit late won't it?

Do you think that Allied soldiers are suddenly going to be told:

"Whoa there chaps, some of the folks back home have got a tad upset about all this bombing malarky. Report back home asap, ta muchly"

Associate
OP
Originally posted by Lopéz
Saturday will be a bit late won't it?

Do you think that Allied soldiers are suddenly going to be told:

"Whoa there chaps, some of the folks back home have got a tad upset about all this bombing malarky. Report back home asap, ta muchly"

We can still register our disapproval and show that this war is not in our name. It's certainly not in mine.

S

Soldato
Originally posted by Jono
Was poland a threat to world peace?
How can you compare the two?

No offence, but the war wagon is a rollin'. You can't stop it. Not now.

well for a start, iraq is not a threat to world piece, the US is.

put this in another thread, but you might find it interesting.

The US is a ccountry that;
1) vetoed 36 resolutions regarding Israels occupation of the west Bank
2) supports Israel despite the outstanding for 30 years UN RESOLUTION calling for Israel to withdraw from the WEst Bank
3) refuses to sign up to the internation war crimes court (why?)
4) attempts to bully and bribe member of the Un into supporting it's policies (read the papers)
5) spys on fellow members of the UN
6) sold WMD to Iraq
7) withdrew from the 1972 Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty
8) urged abandonment of the Biological Weapons Convention (Donald A. Mahley)
9) declared that it is willing to use nukes pre-emptivly
10) refused to sign the COMPREHENSIVE TEST BAN TREATY
11) refused to sign the CONVENTION ON THE PROHIBITION OF LANDMINES
12) ensured that under the CHEMICAL WEAPONS CONVENTION, the president could refuse any inspections
13) withdrew from the KYOTO GLOBAL WARMING ACCORD
14) refuses to pay UNITED NATIONS DUES amounting to approx £500Million
15) refused to ratify the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child which would mean that 17 year olds could not join the US army
16) In May 2001, the United States was voted off the UN Human Rights Commission
17) 1950 Korean War – The USA invaded North Korea without any declaration of war, calling it a 'police action'
18) 1964 Vietnam War - started with a fasle declaraqtion that the US had been attacked
19) 1961 Invasion of Cuba because it did not like castro
20) 1965 Invasion of Dominican Republic because it did not like the legally elected government
21) 1973 Deposing of Salvador Allende in Chile (legally elected) and replacing with Augusto Pinochet - who promptly killed tens of thousands of innocent people
22) 1983 Invasion of Grenada because it did not like the legally elected government
23) 1985 Iran-Contra Affair – The USA secretly funded a guerrilla army with money made from illegal weapons sales to Iran
24) 1986 Bombing of Libya – Without offering any hard evidence whatsoever, the USA claimed that Libya was masterminding global terrorism and illegally bombed Tripoli, killing the daughter of Libyan leader Gaddafi and other innocent civilians
25) 1989 Invasion of Panama
26) 2001 - began series of extra-judicial killings of only terrorists SUSPECTED
27) 2003 - refuses to treat Guantánamo detainees with any basic human rights

edit/changed date of veitnam war...thanks to thebrasso :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Originally posted by BuckEye
We can still register our disapproval and show that this war is not in our name. It's certainly not in mine.

S
No, you can register your disapproval.

The only way you'd get me there is with a water cannon ;)

And since when was this war in "your" name?

As L Plate quite rightly commented to MAD_BANDIT yesterday, since when was this the United Kingdom Of Mad Bandit, or in your case, the United Kingdom Of Buckeye.

Permabanned
More info here -

http://www.stopwar.org.uk/

Whatever you feel about the troops etc, killing is NOT the answer. Our guys will die, and many more of the Iraqi civilians, not to mention the Iraqi troops. The last time a country invaded another as a 'pre-emptive' attack it was Germany going into Poland. At the time America said the attack was wrong. How things change.

S

waht the hell are you going to do about war just stand there shouting BS lol on some street corner.how do you know war isnt justified do you work for the goverment,are you a spy or something,what do you do for a living?you dont have a clue about wether iraq is a threat or not do you jsut like 98% of the people in this world so why bother ranting about something you know nothing about.
i dont want to here any "i have my own opinion " crap because you cant have an opinion on something you know nothing about can you.

mister sky news asks mister terrible about his opinion on war and mister terrible turns round and says waht the hell are you asking me for i just work in a shop what the hell do i know and this is what everybody else should say.

Man of Honour
Re: Re: Anti War demo's this Saturday

Originally posted by terrible
waht the hell are you going to do about war just stand there shouting BS lol on some street corner.how do you know war isnt justified do you work for the goverment,are you a spy or something,what do you do for a living?you dont have a clue about wether iraq is a threat or not do you jsut like 98% of the people in this world so why bother ranting about something you know nothing about.
i dont want to here any "i have my own opinion " crap because you cant have an opinion on something you know nothing about can you.

mister sky news asks mister terrible about his opinion on war and mister terrible turns round and says waht the hell are you asking me for i just work in a shop what the hell do i know and this is what everybody else should say.
Thsi post made me laugh out loud.
icon14.gif

Man of Honour
...... Our guys will die, and many more of the Iraqi civilians, not to mention the Iraqi troops. ......

What about the countless 100,000's who have been killed at the hands of saddam??

THe gas chambers, body shredders etc??

Spill one pint to save 1000 pints??

Soldato
Originally posted by MAD_BANDIT
well for a start, iraq is not a threat to world piece, the US is.

put this in another thread, but you might find it interesting.

The US is a ccountry that;

18) 1955 Vietnam War - started with a fasle declaraqtion that the US had been attacked

It was 1964 mate, when the US alleged that the USS Maddox was attacked by the North Vietnamese, leading to the Gulf of Tonkin resolution calling for retaliation against North Vietnam.

Yes, the U.S. has invaded/screwed up many countries.

Soldato
Why not support our soldiers who are risking their lives by going to war, with the threat of nuclear or chemical attack hanging over their heads, instead of bawling your heads off and annoying people? Looks to me like some people have too much time on their hands and are trying to alleviate their boredom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom