Any any info on brand called jeantech

Associate
I have been looking around for a decent PSU to run my rig and found a

JEANTECH 600W Modular ATX PSU 24 pin (20+4) on a special offer on a web site.

Has anyone had any dealings with them or any info about the brand???

Thanks

Soldato
i got a jeantech psu when i brought the case for the first pc i built, came with it, was an alrite psu, got very hot, no fans, sorta the 'goodmans or sanyo' of PSU's if you get me?

stick to hyper or akasa or other well known brands, may cost more buts worth it in the end.

You wouldnt buy a car with a make uve never heard of would you? ;)

Soldato
a decent psu is the one thing you really shouldn't skimp on, doesn't need to be high-end but crap ones can cause you all kinds of problems down the line.

a good branded 400w psu would be more powerful than that 600w junk

Associate
Yeah imo the Jeantech brand is best avoided, I think I know where you saw them on sale, but as others have pointed out dont skimp on the PSU. A relative has one of these and the rails fluctuate a lot, which I believe to be causing the system instability he has been exsperiancing (sp) :confused:
Keep an eye on the weekly deals on OcUK, they had a nice bargain on the OCZ PSU's last week. Might get something similar this week if you are in no rush.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the heads up guys. Got my eye on a couple. Will see what I can get hold of.

Not be long now b4 I can buy from the MM section...

Associate
OP
What about this supply ????

Hiper Type-R 480 Watt Dual ATX Power Supply

Would this be ample to run my rig.

Just some more help if you can... I dont have a great knowledge about PSU fittings. Would the above supply just fit in place of my standard PSU and would all the connections be as standartd for my AM2 cpu and all other bits in my rig???

Man of Honour
The Hiper should be fine but for the money I'd probably suggest an Akasa 460w or maybe an FSP Blue Storm 500w, both I think are better quality. Any modern PSU such as the ones mentioned will work fine with your AM2.

As an aside you need 250 posts to gain access to the Members Market currently and to have been a member for 90+ days so you are getting there :)

Associate
K I have that PSU, cost me £80 I was in a hurry and it was was first build (long story) ;) ANYWAYS yeah although it costs a lot but I would not say its quality, using it the correct way up it makes ticking noises. So I have been using it upside down and now it works perfect but you should not really have to do this for a PSU costing £80!!!

Associate
I'd also strongly recommend a quality PSU. I had literally a month of issues, trying all sorts of things with a recent rebuild (thought it might have been RAM / mobo / GFX driver conflict etc) turned out to be caused by an irregular, but recurring V_droop when the PSU was nominally rated way higher than the power consumption of the components.

A quality PSU would have saved me a lot of time and heartache

Soldato
Get a psu from any of the following makes and you will be fine, the rest either haven't been around long enough to make the list or have been known to blow up components or die prematurely (such as Q-tek, and some Hipers).

The 'known good' brands are: Tagan, Enermax, Seasonic, FSP, OCZ, Antec.

Since Jeantech isn't on the list, its best avoided. Guilty until proven innocent is the rule with psus. ;)

Man of Honour
Jeantech PSUs are usually rebadged enhanced electronics PSUs are are pretty much middle of the pack - nothing wrong with them but not particularly great either - they do have the advantage that they often have decent amperage on the rails - but if you have a high end rig you'd be advised to go for one of the brands Joe42 reccomended.

Back
Top Bottom