Any Corsair K70 owners sick of the space bar rattle? I found a simple solution.

Associate
Been sick of the k70 spacebar/enterkey/delete key rattle for ages now, it makes the keyboard feel so cheap.

Anyway its very simple to fix. The problem is the stabiliser keys, not the actual cherry keys.

The base that connects them to the keyboard is loose and flaps around making the rattle, jiggle them with your finger and you will see how bad they are.

If you take a little bit of thin plastic (I chopped up some paracetamol blister pack) and shove a little bit under them it stops ALL rattle making the keyboard sound and feel like other mechanical keyboards.

Here is a photo, do this to all the stabiliser key connectors and your keyboard will feel 100x better, no more cheap sounding rattle!!
BgpUQh8.jpg

Associate
OP
Cheers mate will try it later on my K65.

Hope it helps, its like the aluminium base has been cut ever so slightly too large so the stabilising keys sort of rattle, im guessing its a common thing for a lot of corsairs keyboards.

I honestly feel like I replaced my keyboard since doing it, the whole thing feels so much more solid and high quality.

Associate
I've just done this to mine. It definitely feels more solid. The ones on the space bar need to be super small to not stick out the bottom though.

Associate
OP
I've just done this to mine. It definitely feels more solid. The ones on the space bar need to be super small to not stick out the bottom though.

Yeh I did the proof of concept with bigger bits, once i realised how much better it felt i then made tiny ones and popped them in the top and bottom of the space bar. gives it a lovely deep *thunk* instead of the cheap sounding rattle :D

Associate
Yeh I did the proof of concept with bigger bits, once i realised how much better it felt i then made tiny ones and popped them in the top and bottom of the space bar. gives it a lovely deep *thunk* instead of the cheap sounding rattle :D

The rattle is brutal when trying to game late and everyone is asleep:)

Associate
OP
You got them in the top of the space bar too? Wow I might have to go back in

Yeh the space bar is a pain, i did the top and bottom to make 100% sure of no rattle, it works with just the bottom but with the top also it really makes it feel solid.

I bet if you had access to a glue gun or even just a dab of PVA/superglue would work but this seems less permanent.

Associate
OP
foster grant;30489872 said:
I assume this would work for other KBs too ?

I don't personally know if other keyboards have this problem but the K70 I have has very rattly stabiliser buttons, i guess if other keyboards have this problem it will stop the cheap sounding rattle.

I tried this becuase i heard my friend and his Logitech mechanical keyboard sounded lovely, now I stopped the stabiliser rattle so does mine :D

Back
Top Bottom