Any fun april fools in your IT today?

Soldato
As per title :D

I've put links on the kids intranet page today showing up as "click here for unfiltered internet access" and "click here for YouTube"

both go to an april fools page :p

Who else is having some fun?

Soldato
OP
Just done another one, got a file created by another user in vb or something and it locks you out from anything, pops up in the middle saying "retreiving keylogger information" then starts going on about a DDoS attack :p

i stuck it in the startup of my managers machine :D:D

Associate
another good one is 'driftnet'...it grabs images out of network traffic and displays them on-screen...stick that across your internet feed and see what everyone is looking at...can be quite interesting!!!

Soldato
OP
I used this to make one of our printers say 'Replace White Toner' but sadly no one took the bait.

We actually had someone (a student) come to us and tell us " the printer in mr xxxx room needs a white toner or sumfing"

and that was without any april foolsing at all (this was a few days ago, so not a poor april fools attempt by them either) we had a right good old giggle over that one

Soldato
We actually had someone (a student) come to us and tell us " the printer in mr xxxx room needs a white toner or sumfing"

and that was without any april foolsing at all (this was a few days ago, so not a poor april fools attempt by them either) we had a right good old giggle over that one

Do any of your little darlings set the printers so they display in Polish?

You do get some good moments with the kids. We got asked for a Van De Graf generator. When I asked why the were asking me the child replyed "Miss told us to ask the technicians for it". I send them back to the science department, I should have sent them to DT, and asked them to fetch me a long wait/long weight while they were at it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Do any of your little darlings set the printers so they display in Polish?

You do get some good moments with the kids. We got asked for a Van De Graf generator. When I asked why the were asking me the child replyed "Miss told us to ask the technicians for it". I send them back to the science department, I should have sent them to DT, and asked them to fetch me a long wait/long weight while they were at it.

hahaha we do exactly the same things, used to have a teacher here we had some great laughs with, he would send a kid over asking for something and a long weight, so we would send them back with the message "let mr xxxx know we would like our skyhook back soon" :D

Love how the kids fall for it every time, and we regularly get kids come down from the science block thinking we're the only technicians that exist :p

And the kids here get an after school detention just for touching the printers buttons here, the most they can do is read the front panel and pickup their prints :p

Associate
i had the dull job of covering our hell desk one day, but i was glad i did in the end...since i took a call from some school technician...some kid had gone around a bunch of workstations and re-configured the 'auto-correct' feature in word so it replaced usual words like 'at, when, the' etc with swear words...some of the teachers, who couldn't touch type, were less than impressed when they discovered their precious documents were filled with profanity when they looked back up at the screen... i was chuckling to myself for quite a while after that!

Back
Top Bottom