Any help appreciated - Ender 3

Soldato
Recently bought a Ender 3 to be able to make straw toppers as part of our online business, everything seems to run well when doing solid objects (cubes, etc things will no final line detail).

But lately I am trying to print a Cinderella Carriage which has final line detailing and I just can’t seem to get the settings nailed down to get a smooth/correct print.

I have spent the best part of today tweaking and trying different settings from researching online but nothing seems to improve.

if you look at the image to the right of the print is a lot more poor quality than the left - the lines don’t seem to be forming correctly.

Using 0.4mm nozzle, tried numerous settings, re-leveled the bed more times than I can count, slowed the print, reduced infill, played with extrusion, layers, lines. You name it, I’ve tried it - even increased the scale by 200% to see if it was the fact it was a small ish object but that didn’t improve at all.

Hoping some 3D printed guru might have some ideas.

p.s slicer is Cura and I have ran the calibration cube print too which is flawless.

https://ibb.co/PYRzPBC

PYRzPBC

PYRzPBC

Last edited:
Associate
Are any of those gaps visible in the preview in Cura?

I'm not too clued in to Cura these days since switching to SuperSlicer.

Download PrusaSlicer and slice the file in that and see do you have a better outcome. That should be a straight forward print.

What layer height were you using?

Soldato
OP
Maybe your bed is a little warped?
Try a different orientation

I thought that and did try printing via orientation but the outcome was always the same, the right side would be far worse than the left. I have since printed projects with less 'line detail' and these have printed flawless and pretty much using the same settings.

Are any of those gaps visible in the preview in Cura?

I'm not too clued in to Cura these days since switching to SuperSlicer.

Download PrusaSlicer and slice the file in that and see do you have a better outcome. That should be a straight forward print.

What layer height were you using?

I will give that a go, layer height was 0.2 but I have played around with this +/- but never really improved the results. In Cura the print looks perfect, all the walls, infills.

Associate
I will give that a go, layer height was 0.2 but I have played around with this +/- but never really improved the results. In Cura the print looks perfect, all the walls, infills.

Is it a stock ender 3? I presume all your esteps and flow are calibrated?

Is the .stl available online I can run it on mine and see do I run into any issues, although my Ender is far from stock but can check anyway.

Soldato
OP
Is it a stock ender 3? I presume all your esteps and flow are calibrated?

Is the .stl available online I can run it on mine and see do I run into any issues, although my Ender is far from stock but can check anyway.

Yeah all stock, I am very new to the world of 3D printing but I believe I have calibrated the right things - I have been following a lot of CHEP on YouTube.

The design file I purchased via Etsy, more than happy to share with you if you wouldn’t mind trying? Do you want to trust me an email? Would be good to know what I’m doing wrong - it must be user error rather than the file…I hope!

Associate
Yeah all stock, I am very new to the world of 3D printing but I believe I have calibrated the right things - I have been following a lot of CHEP on YouTube.

The design file I purchased via Etsy, more than happy to share with you if you wouldn’t mind trying? Do you want to trust me an email? Would be good to know what I’m doing wrong - it must be user error rather than the file…I hope!

Yeah no problems Ill fire you a trust there and see if its slices and prints fine on mine. I've a print going at the moment which wont be done till all hours so it be the morning before I get to try it.

Back
Top Bottom