• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

any idea when Radeon GPU's can be bought at normal prices?

Associate
ive been trying since last year to buy an RX 570 or 580 to put in my kids pc since the old one broke and i cant find any ever on OC and ive tried elsewhere for 2nds and the prices or triple almost quad for something i paid so little for before all this stupid mining crap started which is ruining gaming on the pc. i would rather buy another xbox than pay thoses prices its ridiculous

I only buy new from OCUK as i dont trust 2nd hand sites due to terrible experiences and i hope one day i get access to the OC forums marketplace i think its called as i think i might have some luck on there! but for now my kids have to use my pc every now and then hehe.

Associate
When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry. When the mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

And also when I get my waist size back to 32 inches post pandemic flab gain. My undies look like passion-killers. Seriously, they resemble the oversized custard-filled Y-fronts in the classic sitcom Bottom. That's what it feels like.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry. When the mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

And also when I get my waist size back to 32 inches post pandemic flab gain. My undies look like passion-killers. Seriously, they resemble the oversized custard-filled Y-fronts in the classic sitcom Bottom. That's what it feels like.

That was funny. :D

Associate

Sounds like journey back in time.

Associate
My guess would be sometime in 2022, probably just before the next gen GPUs are launched. The current crypto boom will subside, semiconductor manufacturing capacity will eventually increase, the pandemic will end. NVIDIA are now making a second attempt at limiting hash rates for gaming GPUs, although I have less faith in this after their first attempt. Let's be optimistic that one day we can look back at this time and say.. 'remember when'.

Associate
2022 at the earliest I'd say, we've been here before but with fewer factors affecting shortages so it will take a bit longer to recover.

Associate
The industry is too unstable to predict. Even if things return to what some might consider normal, something else will come along and disrupt it. I hear high capacity SSD storage is the next target, but who can tell if it's real or just Samsung's new marketing campaign?

Associate
Hopefully by year end there will be some improvement in supply. Also a lot of lower end Gpu`s will be available by then ready for the Christmas season but probably will be expensive for what they are unless the mining situation comes of the boil.

Soldato
I'm not sure that they will. People seem quite willing to pay silly money just to get hold of any GPU, it wouldn't surprise me if all this has artificially increased GPU prices permanently.

Soldato
BTC went to 200 day average, thats not yet a proper negative. Till we find this area as the ceiling its not that negative we arent below Jan. I did see one projection of 16k and holding there is like challenger deep low; problem for this whole idea is how resilient ETH protocol is and thats because its keeping its own revolution to possibly supersede proof of work. So it builds peaks then it might end, I havent got a date but give it a year till then ETH builds to a trillion size its a crescendo.
Again some speculate ETH can be broken, thats a proper sell condition till then it looks to accumulate as its broken a multi year negative trend.

Soldato
BTC went to 200 day average, thats not yet a proper negative. Till we find this area as the ceiling its not that negative we arent below Jan. I did see one projection of 16k and holding there is like challenger deep low; problem for this whole idea is how resilient ETH protocol is and thats because its keeping its own revolution to possibly supersede proof of work. So it builds peaks then it might end, I havent got a date but give it a year till then ETH builds to a trillion size its a crescendo.
Again some speculate ETH can be broken, thats a proper sell condition till then it looks to accumulate as its broken a multi year negative trend.

I was going to write literally the same!

..... actually no, I have literally no idea what any of that meant!

Back
Top Bottom