• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any ideas when we think the 2080 will come down in price?

Associate
Presumably Nvidia will only think about lowering the price significantly when sales drop (either due to people no longer willing to pay the price or competition taking sales) - so, erm, your guess is as good as anyone elses. but, probably no time soon :(

Soldato
It sort of has.

I don't actually know how much we can say on prices as I don't want to get a ban. But what I will say is that OcUK need to look at their prices as on GPU's they are not competitive out side of one off deals on particular cards.

OcUK Staff
I've being pushing for £599 since launch, unfortunately no partner can really get us a USD price to get that low, if the whole Brexit could be sorted out and we got to 1.40-1.45 pound again then £599 could indeed happen, but right now our economy is absolutely totally screwed.

I am relentless and have not stopped pushing, also pushing like mad to get Vega 7 down to £599 as well and I am sure if I achieve that all of a sudden NVIDIA would want to compete.

Hopefully I will get my way, manage to get 2060 down to £299 before anyone else could! :)

Associate
I've being pushing for £599 since launch, unfortunately no partner can really get us a USD price to get that low, if the whole Brexit could be sorted out and we got to 1.40-1.45 pound again then £599 could indeed happen, but right now our economy is absolutely totally screwed.

I am relentless and have not stopped pushing, also pushing like mad to get Vega 7 down to £599 as well and I am sure if I achieve that all of a sudden NVIDIA would want to compete.

Hopefully I will get my way, manage to get 2060 down to £299 before anyone else could! :)

Vega 7 down by Tuesday please ready for my order !! No haribo required

Associate
OP

Yes Gibbo £599 is what we need

OcUK Staff
I'm not suggesting that none are selling.
But an outsiders perspective of a 2080 and vii are basically the same.

Except the V7 has no rumours about failures, has 16G and it has incredible Compute, professional and streaming abilities, so for those who are not interested in RTX, its a power house of a card, albeit pretty much 1080Ti performance and if we still had 1080Ti's in stock now at £649 we'd be selling 100's every day.

Vega 7 is selling around 20-30 per day so its selling very well, especially considering were at the quietest time of year and year on year sales are up on last year on GPU and thats impressive because this time last year was the backend of the mining craze.

AMD had done very well in improving confidence in their products and ensuring to have very high performance cards all with 8G of RAM in the £150-£250 area that offer incredible 1080/1440P performance and V64 and V7 are selling well.

Their drivers (Adrenalin) and the ability to stream to a mobile device (android & IOS) are really nice features.

Associate
@Gibbo I have read the owners thread and it seemed the sapphire card was the worst at launch with returns or noted faults . I'd like to order a 7 but after having two failed 2080ti non have lasted three months yet (not from ocuk I will add) I'm worried about failings or issues I can appreciate any card can fail . Just wondering if that was the case and how does ocuk work with failed cards .

I have my refund promised in bank Tuesday so looking to order then

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo I have read the owners thread and it seemed the sapphire card was the worst at launch with returns or noted faults . I'd like to order a 7 but after having two failed 2080ti non have lasted three months yet (not from ocuk I will add) I'm worried about failings or issues I can appreciate any card can fail . Just wondering if that was the case and how does ocuk work with failed cards .

I have my refund promised in bank Tuesday so looking to order then

Sapphire is not the worse, its sold the most and of course by rule of mathematics means it shall also be the most returns, but its actual failure rate remains at under 2% just like most other high-end cards.

In comparison the sales are as follows:
- Sapphire: 210 units
- Powercolor: 57 units
- Asrock: 33 units
- MSI: 27 units
- Gigabyte: 17 units
- Asus: 11 units

In terms of units sold, Sapphire has outsold other brands by a huge volume at OcUK, this is also reflected worldwide with Sapphire being an AMD only partner they of course get preferential allocation and are thus AMD's no.1 sales wise pretty much worldwide and certainly the case on Vega 7.

We have over 200 Sapphire in stock right now also and are selling several per day. :)

Associate
Sapphire is not the worse, its sold the most and of course by rule of mathematics means it shall also be the most returns, but its actual failure rate remains at under 2% just like most other high-end cards.

In comparison the sales are as follows:
- Sapphire: 210 units
- Powercolor: 57 units
- Asrock: 33 units
- MSI: 27 units
- Gigabyte: 17 units
- Asus: 11 units

In terms of units sold, Sapphire has outsold other brands by a huge volume at OcUK, this is also reflected worldwide with Sapphire being an AMD only partner they of course get preferential allocation and are thus AMD's no.1 sales wise pretty much worldwide and certainly the case on Vega 7.

We have over 200 Sapphire in stock right now also and are selling several per day. :)

Why should someone consider a vii over a 2080? And what’s the best 1440p card?

Back
Top Bottom