rn2

rn2

Associate
I edit the title for help with different questions regarding this product rather than creating a new thread each time.

My question is now, is it normal for these fans to intermittently rev up when idling at a low rpm?

Last edited:

rn2

rn2

Associate
OP
Well I remember that there used to be a warning on their website about the fans havingto be set up s certain way or ssomething using software but it seems to be gone now.

I have my own custom cooling setup on the GPU but I've bought a new monitor with 144hz so my card needs proper cooling again lol.

Weird, ive used an Arctic GPU cooler before, admittedly on a 6870 but it was nothing short of stellar, the fans just plugged in to the header on the gpu and it controlled them as if it was the stock cooler. I have no idea if the Turbo III connects the same but if it does i think you'll be impressed with it :)

Associate
I haven't fitted it yet but I'm planning on using the AX3 heatsink and two Noctua fans in exhaust.

I've got a Ncase M1, so the Noctua fans will fit snug under the GPU heatsink and should be silent compared to the FE blower.

Associate
Iv just fitted one to my old 980ti, fantastic thermals and whisper quiet, even under high fan speeds, very impressed, also comes with tonnes of vrm and ram heatsinks. Full load at 1450mhz for me is 48 degrees, but I do live in the frosty north :p the fans do plug straight to the port on the GPU which is another great design. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Associate
Iv just fitted one to my old 980ti, comes with tonnes of vrm and ram heatsinks.

Did you use the thermal plaster that came with it?

There's mixed reviews on how to stick the heatsinks down, some use the plaster, others resort to thermal pads or tape - I'm trying to find a balance between something that's effective, won't fall off but not permanent either.

rn2

rn2

Associate
OP
It's on it's way! It looks pretty fiddly to put onto the GPU, do I have to buy a substance to attach the heat sinks which I assume come with it? P.S. I found it a lot cheaper than it's usual price by about £20.

It's on it's way! It looks pretty fiddly to put onto the GPU, do I have to buy a substance to attach the heat sinks which I assume come with it? P.S. I found it a lot cheaper than it's usual price by about £20.

From looking at the spec the cooler doesnt have any heatsinks you put on the ram/vrms, that massive sink that fits on the back of the card does that job. All you have to worry about it cleaning the gpu die of old paste then fitting the cooler(which has paste pre applied) :)

rn2

rn2

Associate
OP
From looking at the spec the cooler doesnt have any heatsinks you put on the ram/vrms, that massive sink that fits on the back of the card does that job. All you have to worry about it cleaning the gpu die of old paste then fitting the cooler(which has paste pre applied) :)
Oh right, the videos I watched shows people sticking little heat sinks on, weird. Well that's good to know thank you :) No wonder the it keeps the gpu so cool and so well then with those fans with lower RPMs, nice! :)

Back
Top Bottom