Any news on Zen 3 EPYC CPUs?

Soldato
I was just wondering if there was any news/rumours on when the Zen 3 EPYC CPUs are going to come out at all? I might be in the market for a server, and if they are due out reasonably soon, it might be worth holding off until I can get the new hardware.

Soldato
OP
Thanks, guys. That puts me in a difficult situation. Do I wait or do I go for the current-gen? If the performance improvements are the same as the desktop Ryzen CPUs, then I'd be highly tempted to delay my plans so that I can take advantage of the better speeds.

Soldato
OP
How time sensitive is your procedure and process?

Not very. I'm in the pre-startup stage. Just applied for a startup loan and am trying to find the best way to spend as little money as possible but get the greatest benefit from it. My target launch date is 1st of February 2021 but I could always use rented dedicated servers for a couple of months to tied me over until Zen 3 EPYC comes out.

Soldato
OP
I'm just wondering if anyone has heard any rumours on an exact release date yet? I've been keeping an eye on tech news, and I'm either looking at the wrong sites, or there hasn't been much chatter on Zen 3 EPYC.

Associate
I would not hold my breath, currently as it stands we won't even be getting 5900X and 5950 shipments at all until end of March, if there was a epyc launch it would be purely paper.

Soldato
OP
I would not hold my breath, currently as it stands we won't even be getting 5900X and 5950 shipments at all until end of March, if there was a epyc launch it would be purely paper.

Fair point. I hope I can snag one though. It would be a big boost. Obviously, I can't delay indefinitely but I can certainly wait until the end of March.

Back
Top Bottom