Any Opera users?

Soldato
I'm not sure why I keep using Opera because there's several things that aren't great about it, however I still tend to use it as my go to mobile browser as I like the speed dial bookmarking and the refresh button on the address bar.

But in the latest version 45.1, the address bar disappears once you start scrolling and you have to scroll all the way back to the top for it to reappear before you can change URL or refresh the page. I get that this allows more screen space to be viewed.

There's an option to hide the toolbar at the bottom yet no option for hiding/not hiding the address bar. I'm hoping they fix this in an update.

Associate
I use Opera for the reasons you mention and is about the only browser that reflows text to fit screen if you zoom to make text bigger. Others I end up scrolling left and right. Others don't seem to render some sites correctly (for phone) including these forums.

Anyway, as soon as I start to scroll up the address bar pops back into view? Can't replicate your issue unfortunately. I'm on same version.

Soldato
I've been using it for a while now, similar reasons, proper text reflow, built in adblock and data saver.

My menu bars reappear straight away when scrolling up. Same version as above.

Soldato
OP
I must have been having a bad phone day when I posted this. Yes mine does reappear shortly after scrolling with a quick flick. I must have been scrolling too slowly or something. Anyway, quite useless feature for me, an on/off option would be good.

Soldato
I think it's a good feature, you loose a good 2cm of screen height with both bars on screen, but the bars are very useful to me, so it seems a good compromise.

Thinking about it, I've found if you 'flick' down rather than drag down it will make the toolbars appear, but if you're reading a long forum post or something and don't want to see them, a more definite dragging of the finger will allow you to scroll up with out the toolbars popping up.

I also think the arrow button that appears when scrolling quickly to jump to the top or bottom of a page is handy for long forum threads.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom