Any opinions on the LG 65NANO756PR?

Soldato
Hey all,

After a new 65" TV.

I'm not a cinema buff or console gamer, and to be honest barely even watch TV so splashing on an OLED just isn't worth it for me.

I mainly watch sports either via an Apple TV 4k or streamed on Sky Go from a laptop via HDMI, and if I watch a film it's on Netflix or another streaming service.

Due to the Apple TV I doubt i'll use any of the TVs smart features.

I can get the 65NANO756PR for £699 at the moment which is at the lower end of my budget, anyone know a reason not to get it?

Is there a better TV out there for under £900 that's really wort paying the extra for?

Soldato
Compared to?

Compared to a top end OLED?

I’ve currently got an 8 year old LG LED (Maybe even LCD?), so I assume compared to that it would blow me away?
Compared to every other brand tvs around the same price. The contrast ratio of the lg IPS are terrible. That was about 2 years ago when I was in the market. The Sony and Samsung tvs just looked much better.

Soldato
I really rate Nanocell - I have an OLED at home but spent a weekend house sitting with a Nano from the same year, and it was great. Watched a mix of action movies, anime, CG stuff and enjoyed it. I think if you're not a big TV person you'll probably be happy - but as you watch a lot of sport I'd highly recommend seeing your options in the flesh and trying a few of the image processing modes. Sport is known for being a bit divisive in terms of processing!

Soldato
OP
I really rate Nanocell - I have an OLED at home but spent a weekend house sitting with a Nano from the same year, and it was great. Watched a mix of action movies, anime, CG stuff and enjoyed it. I think if you're not a big TV person you'll probably be happy - but as you watch a lot of sport I'd highly recommend seeing your options in the flesh and trying a few of the image processing modes. Sport is known for being a bit divisive in terms of processing!

Thanks mate!

I've seen the 55" in a shop and a friend has one too, asked him and he said that the movement processing isn't anything to be concerned about :)

He said that there's a few moments, but you can't expect perfection from a £699 65" TV, which is all I needed to hear!

Think i'll pull the trigger next week :D

Soldato
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/nano75-2021

rtings review not particularly complementary.

rtings don't have a direct comparison of the Samsung 65AU9000 but it reviews pretty well everywhere else and Google suggests Currys have it for £670 (most other places £730-£750) - i'd at least do some reading up on that and see what comparisons you can find before pulling the trigger on the LG.

Soldato
OP
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/nano75-2021

rtings review not particularly complementary.

rtings don't have a direct comparison of the Samsung 65AU9000 but it reviews pretty well everywhere else and Google suggests Currys have it for £670 (most other places £730-£750) - i'd at least do some reading up on that and see what comparisons you can find before pulling the trigger on the LG.

Thanks for the link to the review and another model to look into it! :)

Will have a read up tonight.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the link to the review and another model to look into it! :)

Will have a read up tonight.

They do seem to have a comparison available for the AU8000, which sits as the model lower in Samsung's range.

They rate the AU8000 better than the LG, so I can only imagine the AU9000 would be deemed a further improvement.

Back
Top Bottom