Any opinions on what its like to work for Vodafone Technical Customer Service?

Associate
So I have been offered a job and am inclined to take it because its about 20% more salary than my current job. However my current job is pretty easy and I have the luxury of not have to work a shift pattern or weekends.

So, anyone ever worked there and had a good or bad experience? Or know anyone that has? Are the shifts crazy? I'd heard it _might_ be 4 long days on 3 off, but don't know if those days off are consecutive.

Help plz. Major life decision inc.

Caporegime
Funnily enough...yup. That solved 90% of issues! Also you need to learn the lie as follows...

'Have you turned it off and on again?'
'Yes' (LIE)
'Are you sure, it doesn't show that at this end' (Your LIE)

Last edited:
Soldato
20% is not much of a bump to go from a 9-5 to shifts including weekends. In fact I would say that's the bare minimum.

I did nights and irregular hours for about 5 years. No money in the world would make me go back. I understand there's a necessity for it in the modern world but it had such a detrimental effect on me and my life. Just no.

Soldato
Yeah trying to put myself in that situation. I'd have to say to agree with other posters.

20% bump and being thrown onto weekends and potentially nights?

No thanks. I'd rather stick with the 9-5 and know my working hours and know when I've got free time to do the things I want.

Associate
OP
Hmm you might be right.. But it might be ok? They won't tell me the shift pattern "until the start date". So I'm supposed to hand my notice in and then hope for the best? I was told only that it is a rolling shift pattern over 7 days 37.5hrs p/w between 8am and 9pm. How do I know there aren't split shifts (unlikely), or long days, half days, or any kind of mixture? At this point in time I am just really uncertain what I'm jumping in to.

Soldato
If it is anything like the time I worked in tech support for a telephone and broadband provider the hours were awful. 7am starts one day, 3pm the next finishing at 11pm and then often back in early the next. There was also a thing where you generally didn't get two days off on the trot and most people worked at least one weekend day every week.

There were no split shifts thankfully.

Oh and you didn't know your hours for the upcoming week until the Friday evening, if you were lucky.

People came in at all sorts of times through the day. Every half an hour a few people would wander in, then later some would wander out.

Never again(hopefully). Makes me truly appreciate the 9-5 I do now.

The shift workers with us (manufacturing) work 12 hours days and nights 2 of each then off for 4. That's not too bad. They get 30% allowance for that over their already very good wages.

If they won't confirm the shifts then it's likely they are not very good, or not fixed.

Back
Top Bottom