• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any possibility of fixing this corrupted graphics card?

Associate
Haha!! This thread made my day, Uber you are a legend!!
"As you can see I did put it on little balls of foil" Lol! You were so cautious yet you completely disregarded the fact that the plastic would melt? ahaha!

Soldato
god I lol'd at the pics of the melted fan fins LMAO...priceless

lold.jpg

Associate
Agree with the others, was reading this at work and when I saw the pictures I laughed my head off.

Im sure he is having a laugh right? I see it says suspended under his name, hope its not because of this?

Associate
That has made my day, I just took a gobfull of tea when I saw the pics, I now have a wet screen and keyboard due to me spitting out the tea ... funniest forum post I've seen in a long while.

Soldato
OP
That pic is no thin and crispy my friend. ;)
(although the gfx card most certainly is now)

True that, the base was pretty thin but looking back at the photo now it looks like in my inebriated state I was fooled into consuming a much thicker crust than I was originally led to believe it would be. I dread to think how much of extra 'thick' crust will go straight to my hips.

I see it says suspended under his name, hope its not because of this?

Nah, I made a mistake in another part of the forum.

The oven got him into this mess... only three days in the freezer can fix it!

I like your logical line of thinking, and thanks to my couple of days off I thought what a better place to store the card than in the freezer next to my other micro-chips. Unfortunately once loaded back into the machine the ice began to melt, sparks flew, it wasn't pretty and now one of my old motherboards is dead. Oh and the street lost power for a bit, but I think the big electrical company truck outside the house fixed that a few hours later.

That just made me more determined to fix the card though. In keeping with the cooking theme I'm thinking that a flambé might be in order at some point this week.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hey UberTiger, :)

Have you considered writing in to a cookery programme like 'River Cottage' and seeing if they'd be interested in some of your culinary expertise? :):D

Associate
Was it an electric or gas oven? :D

BTW an upturned iron in a vice is handy at reflowing buggered bga chips but remember to not use the steam setting and hand wash only! ;)

Soldato
Unless you've seriously borked the electrics via the oven (twice), couldn't you just chop off the hsf and/or heatsink and use another one?

Although I imagine you don't actually care about getting the card fixed, hence why you left the hsf in the first place. Unless you really are that stupid... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom