Any suggestions on how I could improve my Home 4G BB speeds?

Associate
Hi guys, I live in a rural location and struggled with BT and Sky so decided to ditch them and go for 4G.

My current setup is as follows:

Three mobile all you can eat data sim. (working fine)

HUAWEI B528S-23A 4G Router: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-B528.../dp/B07PW68TW2

and a

Poynting 4G-XPOL-A0002 Cross Polarised High Gain 4G Panel LTE Directional Outdoor Antenna

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poynting-4G-XPOL-A0002-Polarised-Directional-Outdoor/dp/B00C1DGGKC

If I were to invest in a better router (or anything) am I likely to see an increase in speeds?

I've just done a speed test and I'm currently getting:

Ping: 102
D/L 5.30mbps
U/L 6.76mbps

These speeds vary quite a bit so I wondered if there is any better kit on the market that is likely to help? I'm sure when I first set this up a year ago I was getting 20+ mbps D/L speeds..

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

Many thanks :)

Associate
OP
hey buddy and thanks for the reply! I've just managed to sort it by making the router use only band 3 via the mast.

happy man.

Cheers :)

Soldato
hey buddy and thanks for the reply! I've just managed to sort it by making the router use only band 3 via the mast.

happy man.

Cheers :)

The device should pick the band it wants to use. If it was using another band there will be a reason for it. But if it works for you then great!

Associate
OP
Yeah sure, I don't really know maybe it was picking a band with the strongest signal but had poor speeds. Hayho, its faster :)

Soldato
That sounds like the behaviour of switching from 3G to 4G to me? I remember when the mast was oversubscribed/maintenance dropping to 3G made web pages load fast but streaming etc was terrible (at the time I needed web browsing to get stuff done). 5 down 6 up sounds terrible, is that the only thing you changed @Devs101 ?

Top Bottom