Any thoughts on a new gaming mouse?

Associate
I just got an MX518, was almost put off by the dent effect, but it doesn't look as bad as I thought in real life. The grip on the mouse is very comfortable IMO. It also has excellent button placement and a long-ish cable.

In terms of responsiveness... I have it set to the second lowest DPI setting most of the time (on-the-fly switching is nice), but I had to turn all of my mouse sensitivity options down to stop doing 180º turns while trying to aim.

My only gripe is that the scroll wheel feels a little stiff, but it is not a huge problem for me. I would definitely recommend this mouse.

Associate
OP
thanks a lot for the replys lads i had a logitech mx518 b4 and didnt really like it tbh
have to say i do love the razer diamondback i have atm but even left button is siezing up aswell now :(

think i will do a tad more research on the roccat kone as it is getting mixed reviews and do some more on the logitech g9 ... (but not to fan of the big bulky logitech mice plus the price tag!)

do any of you think the death adder is a good contender with the roccat kone?
And btw have they stopped production of the diamondback btw?

edit* also has anyone ever used the steelseries xai?

Last edited:
Soldato
I had the same issue with my diamondback 3g.

As I was on a budget, I went for the MX-518 and what a great decision is was.

so much better that the diamondback.

More comfortable and easier to use side buttons (if your right handed).

My gaming has improved once I got used to the new mouse.

So worth the £25 I spent.

Soldato
G5 or G500.

They are both practically the same but the G500 has a few upgrades such as higher PDI and a more solid scroll wheel.

Either way, they are both very good mice.

Soldato
G5 or G500.

They are both practically the same but the G500 has a few upgrades such as higher PDI and a more solid scroll wheel.

And for 29.99 it's hard to resist !!
My G9 is totally fine but for this price I think I'll just buy one for the heck of it.
Remember paying like 70quid for the G5 when it first came out.

If only the new G700 was a bit cheaper... it looks promising.

Associate
And for 29.99 it's hard to resist !!
My G9 is totally fine but for this price I think I'll just buy one for the heck of it.
Remember paying like 70quid for the G5 when it first came out.

If only the new G700 was a bit cheaper... it looks promising.

I really like the look of the G700 but at ~£80, it's a bit too expensive for my liking :(

Associate
OP
i ended up optioning for the coolmaster sentinel advance storm, after long hard debate between the death adder, roccat kone and this :) thought id give it a try and see how coolmaster have done

just unpacked now first impressions are really good solid build quality and love the weights .. never had them in a mouse before but got to say they make a lot more difference then i thought

:) thanks for all the posts guys much appreciated i will let you no how this mouse gets on and what i think in a couple of weeks when i can really put it through its paces

Associate
OP
just thought it post back and give my thoughts on the coolmaster sentinal advance that i bought if any of u are interested :)

let me start by saying would highly recommend this mouse... i game using a palm grip and it fits my hand perfectly the dpi is just crazy on max and tbh is a little to high i only play with it on 1800 :p (rts gamer) the weights are a really really nice feature never had them in a mouse but it makes a lot bigger difference then i thought, and are easily removed/concealed

the software is also really easy to use and has everything you could need from changing the colour on the mouse to double click speed, response time etc etc etc

just thought id post back and also to say thanks to u all for giving me loads of options when buying and try return the favour :)

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS MOUSE! :)
happy gaming

Associate
G5 or G500.

The wheel on the G5 made me buy the G9; besides the wheel, the G5 was awesome. Same old tried and tested shape - I had both MX500 and MX518 for a looong while until the optics went mad.

I have had to wedg a bit of card between the G9 shell and inner, as it was doing my head in moving around!

Looking at the G500 - old shape better wheel - think Ima buy one and give my G5 (spare) away, and use my G9 as spare. Tempted by the G700 but it's way too much.

What about surface for the G500? Got 2 very old and dirty Titan fnatics that need replacing!

Back
Top Bottom