Any1 had problems with x570-i gaming motherboard

Associate
Brought a amd 5800x cpu thinking it would go stright in asus strix x570-i gaming motherboard but the dram light stays on it has no flash button and can't get into bios ive tryed ryzen 5 1600 lol then red cpu comes on and theres me thinking I was going to game over Christmas what a nightmare but don't know what bios its ship with and if any1 got any ideas most welcome tryed ram in a1 socket then a2 just 1 stick thanks

Soldato
Unfortunately it needs a bios update and the ryzen 1600 is not supported .

You can request a cpu upgrade kit from AMD, borrow a cpu if able to or send it to be flashed.

Associate
OP
Crazy in future no pc.parts at Christmas lol and thought buying this type and for price would of done things different but another thing lesson learnt about pc building :-D

Associate
OP
Thanks my pc up and running now a friend had cpu that was compatible after checking site I could get in to motherboards bios and updated and now the 5800x is in its home lol and alot has been learnt again ashame u learn the hard way like flashing bios button with brand new hard where and because it says ryzen 5000 ready on box means nothing and mayb keep old bit a side for easy testing like stock coolers so faster testing cpu etc instead trying to drag big water pump in and out of machines thanks again happy 2021

Top Bottom