Poll: Anybody else nearly always ill at Christmas?

Are you nearly always ill at Christmas!

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Associate
Not always ill but since 2004 I’ve either had surgery or ill!
2004- Cellulitis foot hospital for a week iv antibiotics and incision and drainage, all from standing on a small piece of glass.
2010 Hernia surgery
2013 Tibial plateau Orif and mcl,acl repair
2016 Broken bones in foot
2019 Septoplasty to nose
2020 Covid positive
2021 fit and well! We’ll just gotta make it home from work safely at 0730 then I’m off till New Year’s Eve

Caporegime
Have Bronchitis and only meds for today, don't really know if I'm much better 3 weeks later tbh, been on meds for a week now.

I'm terrified of having no meds tomorrow.... every day around the same time my breathing goes really bad again for a few hours , I'm assuming it's when one of the meds stops working and takes a few hours to kick back in.

slept really bad last night too, like some weird delusional/confused state I'm praying I'm not coming down with something else at the same time

I was in bed last night from around 5-6pm until 8am... my neighbour was having a party though until 3am so maybe just had really terrible sleep quality.

Made sure to blast some music loud when I wake up to thank him.....

Associate
Yes, almost every year. and feel the OP's pain as I suffer from chronic uncompensated labyrinthitis which is very similar. Have a feeling it's to do with working hard this time of year then suddenly having downtime.

Soldato
I usually get ill at the beginning of December and it clears up by the big day. Same happened this year (just a very light cold nothing serious) I don't recall ever being ill on the day itself.

Man of Honour
I got a cold in 2018….moved to a nice bilateral pneumonia early Jan, vascular disease mid Jan, near death 22nd Jan. That was my ‘best so far’.

Back
Top Bottom