Anybody here got Koni FSD dampers?

Soldato
The A3/S3 owners on the Audi-Sport forum seem to prefer the Bilstein B8's combined with H&R springs, and with the car's being very similar (albeit the Leon is lighter) I imagine they'd work well on the Cupra as well.

There are people using the FSDs but the most common complaint is they don't seem to lower the ride height at all, but I suppose it all depends what you're after as an end result.

Soldato
Isn't the ride height to do with the springs rather than the dampers?

The way I see it, a 30mm spring (for example) is designed to drop a car 30mm from it's standard ride height. If you fit shocks that sit the car slightly higher than standard (which the FSDs apparently do on the A3/S3 at least) then you're not gonna get the 30mm drop that the springs were designed for.

Associate
As said fsd's with eibach springs are highly recomended for the mk2 not sure about the mk1.

I currently have an unused set I'm about to sell along with eibach pro kit springs. Bought them for the leon but decided against fitting as I don't intend on keeping it as long as I originally planned.

Soldato
OP
As said fsd's with eibach springs are highly recomended for the mk2 not sure about the mk1.

I currently have an unused set I'm about to sell along with eibach pro kit springs. Bought them for the leon but decided against fitting as I don't intend on keeping it as long as I originally planned.

Is your's a Mk2 Leon? or Mk1?

Soldato
The way I see it, a 30mm spring (for example) is designed to drop a car 30mm from it's standard ride height. If you fit shocks that sit the car slightly higher than standard (which the FSDs apparently do on the A3/S3 at least) then you're not gonna get the 30mm drop that the springs were designed for.

Thats not really possible unless the shocks themselves had a different seating height to the oe items, which would be unusual :confused:

Back
Top Bottom