Anybody tried a High Pressure Garden Hose Nozzle?

My normal garden hose "gun" has the ability to create a very concentrated pattern amongst the 10 or so it can do and it does create a better effect
If you have a good hose pressure it will probably do something but I am not sure what more that can be above any other device that restricts the water into a small space

If you can place your finger to almost completely block the hose and feel plenty of pressure then sure I guess, seems expensive for something like that though

Man of Honour
OP
Yes our spray gun has a setting that is fairly powerful but I just want it a step up from that.
I suppose has you rightfully say it's all about making the hole smaller so it comes out harder.

Soldato
neighbour uses a pump charged garden sprayer with, must be 5L, or so, capacity for his bikes,
which would give some soap too, and, avoid the inevitable hose unravelling and kinks problem,

I tend to wash mine less regulasrly with the end of the soapy bucket full used for the car plus a sponge, as you tend to need some effort with a sponge/cloth.

Soldato
Anybody tried something like this and do they work?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amiispe-pressure-Pressure-Prevention-Watering/dp/B087WV42HL/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=High+Power+Pressure+Washer+in+Garden+Hose+Guns+&+Nozzles&link_code=qs&qid=1612878797&refinements=p_72:184321031&rnid=184303031&s=outdoors&sr=1-3&tag=operasoft-21&th=1

I don't want to get my pressure washer out every time I clean my bikes but if I could get my normal hose pipe to be a bit stronger then I'd be happy.

These products are often leave a lot to desire, their sample pictures should be a crime and usually UK taps are not pressured enough to be as powerful as a mains powered pressure washer.
If you use this to clean your bikes, you might get a bit of pressure but expect a very fine stream or mist, the water output is what you need to look out for. Your best to get a bucket, some spray detergent and a large hand brush. Wash your bike clean and use your water house to rinse.

Soldato
Think it doesn't really matter if your water pressure is average you'll never get a good strong spray.

I just got a cheap multi function thing and it blasts the mud off my bikes with ease on the jet setting. Old house it could barely water the plants.

Soldato
my problem with bike cleaning is that the cloth/sponge/brush, you need to use around the chain and front/rear mech generally end up oily, so these need cleaning/rinsing after the bike.
washing the car is much easier, but yes, you're not cleaning the engine bay, suspension, underbody.

Man of Honour
OP
Man of Honour
OP
So my £4.50 gun came, it leaked from 3 places then flirted off my hose and gave me a right soaking so straight in the bin :)

After watching a lot of videos and reviews ended up buying this and it's excellent - https://www.toolstation.com/worx-wg629e-20v-max-li-ion-hydroshot-cordless-pressure-washer/p33449

workwg629e1.jpg

@chaparral
It's the second one down on your link.
You can't get spare batteries for the Ferrex I suggested.
Also if you decide on Worx they have different powers so the 629 is 2nd down from the top in that range.

Back
Top Bottom