anyone able to help please on cooling my PC/Gpu down?!

Associate
after cleaning my pc, my cpu is at about 47c. but my my gpu is going upto about 80c while playing the same games ive played for a while and i aint changed my hardware just the same as it is in my Sig.

whats good 120mm fans these days unless i need new ones as one is super loud but others seam fine and fan runs at 2300 nearly to cool the gpu down. im just in need of a little advice on what to get to cool my system down as i cant afford a full upgrade at the moment. would i go as far as replacing the thermal on gpu or....

cheers

Associate
after cleaning my pc, my cpu is at about 47c. but my my gpu is going upto about 80c while playing the same games ive played for a while and i aint changed my hardware just the same as it is in my Sig.

So quick run-through to check the facts:
  1. You've had your PC for a while
  2. You opened it up and cleaned it [Please detail what you did]
  3. Now doing the same things you did before, the GPU is getting very hot
If accurate, this points to something getting damaged when you cleaned your PC.

Are the GPU fans spinning like before? Can you see or hear anything different?

Permabanned
install MSI after burner.. i had a RX-590 and the AMD program was happy to let the GPU sit at 86c.
after setting a custom fan profile in after burner it would game at 60c(ish)

also in ever game you play turn on Vsync or Freesync. letting the GPU run away with FPS is the main reason for them overheating

EDIT: just to be clear an 580 is ok at 84c.. i wouldn't be happy myself but its perfectly within spec

Associate
OP
install MSI after burner.. i had a RX-590 and the AMD program was happy to let the GPU sit at 86c.
after setting a custom fan profile in after burner it would game at 60c(ish)

also in ever game you play turn on Vsync or Freesync. letting the GPU run away with FPS is the main reason for them overheating

EDIT: just to be clear an 580 is ok at 84c.. i wouldn't be happy myself but its perfectly within spec

thanks i will try that out for sure and thanks for that reassurance :) also does it have fan profiles to choose from or do you just make your own?

Associate
OP
So quick run-through to check the facts:
  1. You've had your PC for a while
  2. You opened it up and cleaned it [Please detail what you did]
  3. Now doing the same things you did before, the GPU is getting very hot
If accurate, this points to something getting damaged when you cleaned your PC.

Are the GPU fans spinning like before? Can you see or hear anything different?

sorry i should have mentioned it proper, it was around that temp before i cleaned the pc but its still the same after which in the past as not been the case. i cleaned the dust off the gpu card and cpu cooler and all the grills etc

Permabanned
fan profiles to choose from or do you just make your own?

When you enable fan control it will have a preset one but its just loud.

Just set 25% upto 40c then 70% at 80c

When not gaming it will sit about 30c when you watch films it will stay under the ramp point and you game it will adjust under load.

The amd program set a target temp then adjust the fan to stay at the target temp..

But again just to be clear on a 580 85c is not bad, its perfectly within spec

Permabanned
RX 580s do run hot (and, in my case, loud with the fans!). I've read of people using NZXT G12 brackets to cool them with aio water coolers with good success

that don't really run hot 85c is perfectly normal for a GPU at 100% load
my brothers 580 would hit 65 to 70 with a custom fan profile

Taken from EVGA's website
"Graphics card temperatures typically range from 30°C to 40°C at idle and from 60°C to 85°C under load. Most high end video cards typically have a maximum temperature between 95°C-105°C"

Back
Top Bottom