Anyone been to Turkey?

Soldato
I know I've posted a lot of these holiday things lately, but I (or rather "we") have finally settled on Turkey....so what are your experiences? What to do and what to avoid?

TIA :)

Soldato
OP
richard smith said:
Are you doing a package holiday?

On of my mates want to, but I don't! I think I should be able to persuade them all. I don't really want to be restricted and want to travel about as much as poss in the 7-10 days that I'm there...

I want to soak up as much as poss, sites and scenaries(sp?) but also want to visit a beach or two - did you check out any of the beaches?

I was having a look at hotel prices yesterday and they are fairly cheap for a three star (although I'm that fussed about accomodation) in Istanbul (£20/night), but also need to look at transport - what did you do to get about, taxi or train?

Soldato
OP
kitten_caboodle said:
pretty much my experience. Whereabouts are you headed?

At the moment the only place I've got on my list is Istanbul :o - but Richard has posted some very useful info and I've found a couple of guides that I'm going through at the moment.

I think 10 days is is probably the most I can get everyone to get away for, but will try and twist their arms.

re: pooing in holes, it's something I've done before in Pakistan - but I've far from mastered it!:p

Back
Top Bottom