anyone else bought the 27GL850 the last few days (:?

Associate
so lucky I checked last night see the LG INSTOCK, and at reduced price.. I had to go for it. now once again back out of stock, who was the lucky people? ;p

just got an email saying mine is going to be shipped.

Associate
I have finally decided to upgrade my 10 year old 24" 60hz BENQ monitor. I checked last night and they had stock. I checked again this morning and they had run out. I have it on pre-order and I was told they should have some more in stock by mid/end of July. I wasn't going to miss out on a deal on this monitor. I spent ages looking for a monitor and I struggled to find any bad reviews. At this price, this was a no-brainer for me! I'm looking for to finally getting it! :p

Associate
OP
BEEN KINDA scared as I am coming from a 60hz tn panel monitor... read so much good things about this LG but also seen some bad, saying it has bad contrast.. blacks are rubbish, on the other side of the coin I see people saying blacks are fine etc

my monitor currently is 1000 contrast. hoping this isn't a mistake lol.

Associate
BEEN KINDA scared as I am coming from a 60hz tn panel monitor... read so much good things about this LG but also seen some bad, saying it has bad contrast.. blacks are rubbish, on the other side of the coin I see people saying blacks are fine etc

my monitor currently is 1000 contrast. hoping this isn't a mistake lol.
You wont regret it, I had a few oh oh moments when I read the IPS glow thread but it's all good.
Don't take my word for it though because tbh I come here looking for advice as all this contrast this HDR that stuff tends to go over my head.
I just set it up as per a few threads and sit back and think wow.

Associate
Yay! Mine will be arriving some time tomorrow, although you never know with DPD!

It's been years since I last bought a monitor. Can anyone suggest some tests to check it in terms of quality, e.g. dead pixels, colour uniformity etc. I did find a few things online but I thought I would ask.

Secondly, any advice on setting it up? I have found a few profiles on this forum but is it a case of just adjusting colours etc. to find something that works for you and the room it's in?

Thanks in advance. If anyone asks/wants I might even post a pic.

Back
Top Bottom