Anyone else hates steam sales these days?

Soldato
The store becomes harder to navigate and most of all we don't get the normal free weekend to try a cool game. Can't believe steam sales went from "lets setup an alarm" to "meh" to "please stop doing them".

At least there is no other sale until end of May.

Associate
There are no sales anymore, there hasn't been a Steam sale in years. All you have in a price hike period that lasts most of the year and then games return to their standard price for that "sale".

Soldato
OP
There are no sales anymore, there hasn't been a Steam sale in years. All you have in a price hike period that lasts most of the year and then games return to their standard price for that "sale".

Spot on there didn't think of it that way but that's exactly what has been going on.

I went through my transactions and noticed that I haven't bought anything directly through steam since 2018. Didn't realise it was that long and I bought plenty of games to entertain me during the pandemic.

Soldato
Yeah this, I'm always looking forward to the CDKey sales more than Steam tbh.

That and Epic's big summer and xmas sale.

Epic actually deliver genuine sales, no prior price hikes (not on the games I've bought from them, anyway), plus £8 and £10 coupons.

Haven't bought from the Steam "sale" in quite a while.

Mainly because they do hike the price prior to sale.

Caporegime
Steam is like walking into a charity shop and being overwhelmed with the amount of garbage and just walking out because finding that rare gem is going to take too much time.

The "top sellers" is now days a bunch of pre order games so why have a "coming soon" tab"

the stores crap but valve take their 30% so don't care.

there's barely any quality just cash ins, meme games and all sorts of unfinished abandoned forever early access titles.

early access is the worst thing to ever happen to gaming, worse than DLC, worse than micro transactions, worse than NFTS, more worse than TF hats

everyones hyped for the metaverse when we all know what that will be a second life that costs more than your real one... but it will be a place with the rich twits can show off their skins...

Gaming is to corporate everything is just about cash grabs even the big companies.

No one wants to make a "good game" anymore they just want maximum returns for the least effort.

look at the devolution of the BF series.... everything is sequels...... too hard to make a new IP these days

Caporegime
Steam sales used to be great. As much as 80 or even 95% off some titles. Now it’s all 50% or at most 75% off some indie game you’ve never heard of. And even older games stay at RRP unless there’s a sale on so as to look like a good price. Hand in heart I haven’t bought anything directly in Steam for four years or more.

Caporegime
I spent quite a few quid in the last sale but if game pass keeps adding games like it has been then steams days are numbered
it made so much money I doubt gabe even cares. does he even have any interest in it? does anyone who worked on the source engine games even work there any more?

they tried to be cool and ended up being one of the worst corporate companies out there..

I remember when they made games.... steam store was nothing but a curse for gamers

Soldato
it made so much money I doubt gabe even cares. does he even have any interest in it? does anyone who worked on the source engine games even work there any more?

they tried to be cool and ended up being one of the worst corporate companies out there..

I remember when they made games.... steam store was nothing but a curse for gamers
For my usage case of collecting and playing games i quite like it. Ive even gone as far as creating badges by collecting cards. I dont mind it

Soldato
Can't stand using Steam to navigate the store so I rarely touch the store itself. Come to think of it, I use Epic and uPlay more because it just feels cleaner and more refined from a shopping perspective.

Back
Top Bottom