Anyone else hates steam sales these days?

Associate
Pretty much echo most points here. I only got into Steam a few years ago and was really impressed. Though it quickly wained as the discussion boards were a mess as were the mods sections. Still, having reviews is good.

I've had COD5 on my wishlist forever, just wanting to pay a couple of quid to play the zombies. I'm sure i could pick this up for console for 50p at a card boot, Steam wants £15 or something daft on sale.

Mostly use GOG if i can. But GOG also suffer from some games not working properly.

Soldato
There are no sales anymore, there hasn't been a Steam sale in years. All you have in a price hike period that lasts most of the year and then games return to their standard price for that "sale".

and shops are now doing this too

my favourite pc store hasn't had a sales in years either, even though they say they have sales every weekend, the reality is the prices get jacked up during the week and then down again for sales and the reductions are single digit percentages

Associate
The store layout has become more and more obnoxious. The games on sale are on sale half the time anyway. It's come to the point where if you buy a game that's not on sale, you just feel like you've been scammed.

Associate
^ That.

I have 25 items on my wishlist. There isn't a weekend goes by where I don't get a "an item on your wishlist is on sale" email. Their sales have fallen a long way since the days when 80 quid was getting you a publishers entire steam catalogue.

Soldato
Can't remember the last time I paid any attention to a Steam sale. I used to look forward to them or even the weekend offers.

Now I get the free games on Epic and GOG and prefer to buy from GOG just because of the lack of DRM and the ability to download the files and leave them available on a HD or such like.

M.

Soldato
^ That.

I have 25 items on my wishlist. There isn't a weekend goes by where I don't get a "an item on your wishlist is on sale" email. Their sales have fallen a long way since the days when 80 quid was getting you a publishers entire steam catalogue.

Same here and the discounts are puny

Caporegime
Don't even bother to check. Can't remember the last time I bought a game through the Steam store. I occasionally buy a steam key through a key site but there's so many games I need to play, on top of some amazing freebies from Epic that Steam doesn't get a look in.

Caporegime
The excitement wore off a long time ago, so much choice and competition these days - as well as loads of free games from other sources.

I occasionally buy the odd cheapo thing off Steam but that's about it,... maybe one or two a year.

Last edited:
Soldato
The only deals I find with Steam these days are the exclusives like Black Mesa, Valheim etc.

Although the Halo: The Master Chief Collection is a good deal at £11.99 which is a joint historical low.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
No issues with navigation on Steam personally. I just wishlist what I want, then when sales are on buy it from CDKeys. Simples. There is the odd occasion where only place to get the key is from steam, in which case I pick it up when on sale which I get informed via email as it is on my wishlist.

Back
Top Bottom