Anyone ever had any experience of toluna.com?

Associate
My girlfriend has found this website that offers 'points' towards products etc. I was wondering if anyone had tried claiming points and what sort of things were available? How long do the surveys take?

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
I've used it for a while.
Surveys take between 10-20 minutes depending on how quickly you can answer them. You earn on average 3k-4k points per survey, some offer up to 10k though,

I tend to get Amazon £10 vouchers which cost 60k points so it takes a while to reach but quite handy if you've got the spare time for it.
So don't expect to be getting vouchers too quickly but I'd say it's worth it but I tend to be in front of a PC quite a lot so it's not a lot of hassle for me.

Soldato
Erm, have you done any maths on that?

Assuming 5K per survey, and 10 minutes to do it (much more generous than you've said) that's 2 hours to get a tenner Amazon voucher...

If you like that level of pay you can come dig my garden :p

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Erm, have you done any maths on that?

Assuming 5K per survey, and 10 minutes to do it (much more generous than you've said) that's 2 hours to get a tenner Amazon voucher...

If you like that level of pay you can come dig my garden :p

As I pointed out if you read my post :p It's handy if you're sitting in front of a PC frequently as I am. It's certainly better value than browsing numerous forums which I find myself doing if I'm online for a long period of time :o
Also bear in mind you're not sitting 2hrs in a row, 10mins or there doesn't feel as much of a commitment in any way.

However, there's no point if you only have small periods of time online because it'll take forever to get anywhere.

I figure it's a site probably aimed at Housewives and general bored people who fancy using up 10mins of their time once in a while to eventually gain vouchers. I tend to save up my vouchers for present buying etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
You said it's worth it. I'm saying it's not. Filling out surveys is not something I want to do. If I'm sitting in front of a PC then I'm doing what I want to do...

You might as well say for people that like watching TV they could instead watch the "Production line quality assurance" channel, and watch a conveyor belt of toys going past to spot the ones where the eyes haven't stuck on properly.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Fair enough :)
OP asked for some advice of what was entailed, I gave it to him, I'll leave you to keep ranting about it ;)

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Heh, I'm not ranting. I'm just warning people that these survey sites are a rip off.

You seem pretty vitriolic about it :p
Not like you can lose money doing it, only time which is down to the person considering it to decide.

Then why bother even posting in this thread?

People like doing them. If you're sitting around doing nothing, then you may as well earn something whilst you do it.

Bingo :) I tend to do them in between other things to waste a few minutes.

Soldato
Time is money. Nobody is doing those surveys for kicks, just for the reward at the end. I'm saying the reward is not worth the effort. Better putting an hour or two of overtime in and skipping filling in 50 surveys.

Soldato
No he didn't. He asked what stuff was available and how long surveys take. He never asked what people thought of them.

In that case I'm so terribly sorry I've offended by offering my opinion when it wasn't explicitly asked for.

If people started giving their opinions on forums it might lead to all sorts of nasty stuff... like discussions, understanding, learning etc. Can't have that.

Soldato
In that case I'm so terribly sorry I've offended by offering my opinion when it wasn't explicitly asked for.

If people started giving their opinions on forums it might lead to all sorts of nasty stuff... like discussions, understanding, learning etc. Can't have that.

Opinions are fine, but when the OP asked a simple question that was answered by the first reply, then there is absolutely no need to rant about why you personally don't like them. It has nothing to do with what the OP wanted.

Its like me going into a thread about how to fix a BMW car or something and me just saying, "I don't like BMWs..." or "BMWs are crap, don't drive them..."

Soldato
Opinions are fine, but when the OP asked a simple question that was answered by the first reply, then there is absolutely no need to rant about why you don't like them. It has nothing to do with what the OP wanted.

I've already apologised. What more do you want? A public act of contrition? Very well.

Let it be known that henceforth my opinion shall not be forthcoming unless it is directly and explicitly asked for. I humbly apologise for chipping in with my tuppence worth on a "general discussion" forum. My acts are clearly against the spirit of things and I'm a bad person.

Soldato
Sigh, no point in trying to have a civilised discussion with a child.

In relation to the OP (which of course i apologise to since the thread got derailed horribly by the third post), i have used the site a few times. But as Haly has explained, i too use it for vouchers. It takes time, but if you have the time to do it is worth it.

Soldato
Sigh, no point in trying to have a civilised discussion with a child.

In relation to the OP (which of course i apologise to since the thread got derailed horribly by the third post), i have used the site a few times. But as Haly has explained, i too use it for vouchers. It takes time, but if you have the time to do it is worth it.

Namecalling. That's the way to win an arguement.

The OP was clearly asking for more information on it. I provided my opinion and was slammed for it as apparently it didn't agree with other people's opinion.

But apparently I should have kept my "child" mouth shut. My opinion isn't welcome if it doesn't agree with yours. Have you considered a job as a labour whip?

Soldato
Namecalling. That's the way to win an arguement.

The OP was clearly asking for more information on it. I provided my opinion and was slammed for it as apparently it didn't agree with other people's opinion.

But apparently I should have kept my "child" mouth shut. My opinion isn't welcome if it doesn't agree with yours. Have you considered a job as a labour whip?

If the OP wanted an opinion he would have asked for it. He asked a simple question that got answered immediately. Just drop it.

Back
Top Bottom