Anyone ever used a dayhire hotel?

Soldato
Just wondering has anyone ever used sites like dayuse.co.uk or booked a hotel room for the day? It seems to be a really popular thing at the moment and was curious as to how it works? Can you spend a few hours there and just hand the keys back even though they are booked say 9-5?
Dayuse seems to be the number one site for this kind of thing but gets really bad reviews with people saying they turned up and there was no reservation etc.
Should I just book a normal hotel room for the night even though I’m not staying longer than a few hours? Can that be done?
Planning a big Christmas shopping day out which is an all day thing and just need somewhere to crash for 2-3 hours before going back out for a meal and a few drinks later on.

Soldato
OP
Lol it’s quite a common thing now in big cities with tourists etc. There’s lots of day hires and apartments to rent for people to chill for a few hours. We meet family every year to go for a big Christmas shop around Manchester which is an all day thing in a fairly big city but the last few years it’s just too much when i have been shopping from morning and gone for lunch etc I just need a few hours rest and a shower etc before going back out for a nice meal and drinks later on in the night. I can’t stay over because I have work the next day.

Soldato
Nothing stopping you from booking a hotel and just leaving the keys in the room. Unless it's some small hotel with specific policies, most places will automatically check you out when housekeeping see that your room is empty.

Price of course could be an issue with that, only ever worked for the Marriott but the big brands generally don't have policies for that.

Dealt with few day stays but couldn't give any discounts unless it was a busy night and almost guaranteed to resell the room, otherwise the accounting would come down on me the next day when they check the rates. Of course most didn't want a discount, just pay for it quickly and discreetly ;)

Soldato
OP
Thank you for the first serious response! it’s a genuine question despite all the accusations going on here lol. When one of my friends came back from China to visit at the start of the year he got a dayhire in the city centre so he could get ready and showered for going out on the lash which is what gave me the idea.

Soldato
I've used it probably near 25-30 times in the past year. It's very simple, you don't need to pay a deposit, you just check in as you would any other guest and check out before your agreed time slot.

Having strict parents can be a problem and so we often find that it's a cost-effective way of finding somewhere to 'meet' in London, given me and my girlfriend still live with our parents.

*** not really family friendly ***
- Armageus

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OP
I've used it probably near 25-30 times in the past year. It's very simple, you don't need to pay a deposit, you just check in as you would any other guest and check out before your agreed time slot.

Having strict parents can be a problem and so we often find that it's a cost-effective way of finding somewhere to 'meet' in London, given me and my girlfriend still live with our parents.
Thanks for the genuine information. That’s good then if I can just book without paying a deposit. Thing is if I’m not paying until arrival and it’s a 9-5 room will it make any difference if i am not turning up until around 2 to get ready for the evening? Is there a chance they would give the room away with having no deposit for it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Thanks for the genuine information. That’s good then if I can just book without paying a deposit. Thing is if I’m not paying until arrival and it’s a 9-5 room will it make any difference if i am not turning up until around 2 to get ready for the evening? Is there a chance they would give the room away with having no deposit for it?

I usually just add a comment when finalising the booking but it should ask what time you intend to check in at.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom