Anyone fitted Eicher brake disks and pads?

Soldato
Brakes on the Superb are juddering and the disks are pretty worn.

Anyone have any experience with the above brakes from ECP?

Thanks

Soldato
Ive used them without problem. I think I had to remove a bit of thick paint off the side of a pad to make it fit/slide properly last time but I've done that on brembo/pagid etc too

Sure they're made in the UK which adds to the cheapness

Associate
Try carparts4less - same company and usually a few £ cheaper (if not always cheaper). I have used eicher and they've been fine for me on lower end applications IME.

Guessing on yours as a 2l diesel 2014 the prices for fronts (345mm) are Eicher: £50 Brembo: £64 Pagid: £67.

They also have 20% off meaning a pair of pagids would be £108...

Between the brakes and tyres, they're what stop you, so I wouldn't advocate scrimping for a few quid saved...

Associate
carparts4less is pretty much the ECP + whatever the current discount code is price.

Eicher are fine for your average daily / commuter car. Similar to the bottom end / OEM replacement Pagid stuff really.

I wouldn't put them on anything with remotely sporting intentions.

Soldato
OP
Car is the 170bhp 2.0tdi family wagon.

This car is driven fairly sedately, one thing it may end up doing is pull a caravan. What would the more expensive makes offer over these?

Caporegime
Car is the 170bhp 2.0tdi family wagon.

This car is driven fairly sedately, one thing it may end up doing is pull a caravan. What would the more expensive makes offer over these?
Endurance and better performance when hot. If you’re going to be towing I’d want good pads. Brembo or Pagid IMO.

Associate
Never cheap out on brakes tbh. They might seem fine, until you need to stop in an emergency.

The Eichers will be perfectly capable of performing an emergency stop, the limiting factor will be available grip.

What they can't do is do that back to back over and over again.

Soldato
OP
Thanks all.

To be fair there is only £30 between the Eicher and Brembo disk and pads on ECP.

Hadn't realised the price was so close to be honest.

Soldato
Brembo from ECP is not their performance line, just their OE-level stuff. Not worth the premium over Pagid or Eicher.

I've used both Pagid and Eicher for quite a few miles, and I would always stretch for the Pagid. They come coated from the factory so don't rust on the rotor hat or edges, and they seem less susceptible to warping than the Eicher. On the pad front, the Pagids lasted a fair bit longer before any signs of squeaks or squeals appeared due to much better anti-squeal plates. The Eicher anti-squeal plates rust through quite rapidly.

Always buy new hardware too, it's normally about a fiver but we'll worth doing.

Soldato
Chiming in as I recently had a problem with Eicher pads. Rear pads replaced ~3 months prior to MOT. During the MOT, tester performed a few rolling road emergency stops, and afterwards I had a horrible grinding noise. Amazed it actually passed, as it turns out the material had straight up just sheared off the pads during those emergency stops.

Soldato
Yeah same experience as a few on here, i've used them a few times and they're OK but nothing more.

If the price difference is small and you're planning on keeping the car i'd get either Pagid or Brembo as they seems to be better quality.

Soldato
Ive used them without problem. I think I had to remove a bit of thick paint off the side of a pad to make it fit/slide properly last time but I've done that on brembo/pagid etc too

That means you haven't cleaned corrosion from the carriers properly. There should never be any need to file/sand brake pads to get them to fit, particularly with the brand names.

Back
Top Bottom