Anyone getting THEC64 Mini??

Soldato
Just come across this and couldn't see a thread already!

Is anyone getting one??

There seems to be a good range of games and I'm sure I read somewhere that other games can be added after purchase(??)

Very tempted just for the nostalgia (and so the kids can have a laugh at what passed for games while I was growing up!)

Associate
I don't see the point of all these gimmicky mini retro systems. Buy a Raspberry Pi Zero for five bucks and chuck an SD card on it with retro pi and all the old consoles. Use the money you saved for beer. Drink beer while playing the games. Win/Win

Soldato
Wow; completely missed this! Deffo order! Hope it includes isometric games like fairlight et al!

Eh; perhaps not; as above, I'll await a full-size or functioning keyboard model!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So did anyone ultimately grab one of these?

I did and I have to say I'm loving it! :D The joystick is a bit pants but I've also bought a USB SNES pad that works a treat and is loads better to use!

Gamers these days don't know hard until they experience a game where when you lose your 3 lives, you go back to the start of the game!

Associate
it looks great, the point about getting these mini retro systems - getting the games legitimately and showing support for the retro gaming community I guess.

Associate
I look at the games that are included and whilst I have fond memories of a handful of them, I really don't think replaying them is the best way to honour cherished memories. On the whole I can't see C64 games holding up that well.

Also,
Note: The keyboard keys are non-functional

Boooo!

Soldato
C64, bah u lot, should be a spectrum that was the better one bar the better gfx lol.

Tho I knew a few ppl who had one they were like a in-between of the spectrum and Amiga.

Had a few good games I guess I just happen to be a spectrum user and not c64 user.

Soldato
OP
C64, bah u lot, should be a spectrum that was the better one bar the better gfx lol.

Tho I knew a few ppl who had one they were like a in-between of the spectrum and Amiga.

Had a few good games I guess I just happen to be a spectrum user and not c64 user.

Boo! Hiss!! :p

To be fair half my mates growing up had the C64 and the other half had the Spectrum so we had the best of both worlds......then the same with the Amiga and Atari ST.....and so on!

I'm loving my C64 Mini - got myself a useable joypad and have been experimenting with various other games bit find myself going back to Mission Impossible, Paradroid and Nebulus!

Back
Top Bottom