Anyone going to be buying £65 PC games?

Associate
It really depends on the game and to be honest the publisher behind it. I'd never pay that for your standard Ubisoft title for example. If it's something special and something I've been waiting for then I don't mind too much but I'll never pre-order and I always wait for reviews.

It really does depends on the game. For the likes of Divinity Original Sin 2 and Baldur's Gate 3 I would pay that. I'm happy to support the developer.

Last edited:
Soldato
I paid more than that for some Collector's Editions and have zero regrets (Kingdom Come, Witcher 3, Cyberpunk, New Vegas, RDR2..).

But for "standard digital edition" ?

I would never, ever paid that much. My cut off is at around 45 euros and even then I hesitate a lot.

Soldato
Msfs yes, but got in beta early for free and thus knew it was worth it

When they do a next gen forza horizon yes, it's been same game in different setting for 3 games now but a brand new one would be worth it

Valheim, satisfactory, a decent mmo would be worth it too, everything else just wait for a sale now :/

Soldato
I'm in the same boat, I've played some games for hundred or many thousands and any with that sort of playtime hasn't been bad - who would invest that much time on a game that made them miserable.

Yep, you generally know in a fairly shortish period of time if you're not enjoying a game, and then if you're not enjoying it don't keep playing it :D

It really depends on the game and to be honest the publisher behind it. I'd never pay that for your standard Ubisoft title for example. If it's something special and something I've been waiting for then I don't mind too much but I'll never pre-order and I always wait for reviews.

It really does depends on the game. For the likes of Divinity Original Sin 2 and Baldur's Gate 3 I would pay that. I'm happy to support the developer.

I've put a lot of time in to Assassins Creed over the years, so a fan of that title from Ubisoft, not sure if I've played anything else they've released in the last 10 years. I have Divinity original Sin to play through and I have a sneaky suspicion that's going to be a 500+ hour one for me. Can't wait for BG3 to come out too, I don't play early access or beta or whatever they call them these days so will hopefully have gotten through some of the backlog by then.

Associate
There are plenty of exceptional indie games out these for under a tenner. In fact most of the games i play are indie at the moment. Some of the best games I have ever played in my 45 years of gaming.

Vigil-The Longest Night
Ender Lillies
Cat Quest 2
The Messenger
Always Legacy
Dusk
Amid Evil
Deaths Door

To name but a few.

Soldato
There are plenty of exceptional indie games out these for under a tenner. In fact most of the games i play are indie at the moment. Some of the best games I have ever played in my 45 years of gaming.

Vigil-The Longest Night
Ender Lillies
Cat Quest 2
The Messenger
Always Legacy
Dusk
Amid Evil
Deaths Door

To name but a few.

You have managed to get Ender Lillies for under a tenner? Not seen it that cheap anywhere?

Soldato
No, I either buy a cheaper key from somewhere or wait until it's on sale.

I think I have only ever spent that (or more) on one game, BF4 with all the DLCs and premium etc

Soldato
You have managed to get Ender Lillies for under a tenner? Not seen it that cheap anywhere?

It's never been cheaper than £14.08

One thing to take from this thread is most people are talking *****. So many have said they won't buy above a certain amount then mention they did within the last few months or that certain editions/collectors and every other edition imaginable falls under their own exception list :cry:

Soldato
No different to VPN’ing for a cheaper price. Someone in Thailand creates a Steam account and buys the game for you, then gives you the account details. That’s how I got Half Life Alyx for like £18.

Soldato
This. What's the point in buying on day 1, when games barely last a month before going on sale?

Must suck to be unable to wait. :p
Genuinely, the only reason is that by the time they are super cheap it's because the lobbies are empty. For single player games though I couldn't agree more.

Sod paying 65 quid for a game though. No chance.

Associate
I haven't bought a game in 18 months because I just haven't felt that there has been anything that grabs my interest. Snowrunner was the last game I bought and I knew I'd get my money's worth from that as I was stuck at home on furlough for two months and I have an interest in vehicles, but it was nowhere near to being £65 either. I did spend a whole £1 for GamePass so I could play Forza 5 and try a couple of other games, but I'll be bored of them before the three months for £1 subscription runs out and then I guess I'll go back to some older games (early-mid 2000s) again.

Back in the day I think I was OK with spending £30-35 on a game which I had been looking forward to/knew was a reasonably safe bet such as GTA or Red Dead Redemption. Other than that it was mainly a case of waiting for a good Steam sale and hoping what I wanted would come up for £10-15.

The way things are going it'll be the next GTA/RDR before I decide to buy a new game out-right, but I'll probably be looking to save a few quid then as well. Whichever way you look at it I won't spend £65 on a game of any description.

Back
Top Bottom